Games with their own pages:
Other instances outside the first trilogy itself
- Ripto in Enter The Dragonfly, if only because he's so terribly animated. When he speaks, his entire head twitches violently and his mouth stretches in ways that shouldn't be possible, not to mention his lifeless, blank stare that sometimes derps out when he's angry or laughing.
- The full-bodied sheep muppet with burns all over his body as well as a sinister looking scowl can give people, especially little children, nightmares, even though he is intended to be funny. He appeared in five commercials, as well a documentary concerning his creation.
- He's actually intended to be Toasty, the first boss of Spyro the Dragon. In the Reignited Trilogy he's redesigned to be angrier and more insane-looking and with his wool all singed, implying that he's one of the sheep that Spyro had torched before.
- Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly has a rather spooky glitch in which everyone goes all slow motion-like.
- The Tower of Terror in Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly is pretty scary not just because of its faces that spit rocks and darts but also because of the large orange realistic looking spiders crawling on it.
- Ripto's One-Winged Angel form from that game's boss fight also looks pretty damn freaky.
- One of the caves in Spyro: A Hero's Tail's Crocovile Swamp has spiders that jump out of webbed openings to ambush you.
- In some of the ice levels in Spyro: A Hero's Tail some enemies include scary looking skeleton warriors. They even let out a scream whenever you kill them.