- The very first scene has Elsie wonder into an anomaly and encounter a Tarbosaurus, which promptly chases her through the anomaly before finally losing interest.
- This scene is Adult Fear at its finest: ignoring the more fictitious elements, it has a child wander somewhere that her mother doesn't no about, and if the anomaly had closed, she would never have been found.
- Later, the Tarbosaurus makes a return when it kills a man after totaling his car. Considering we never get a good look at its entire body during this scene, Nothing Is Scarier is in full affect here.
- The reason the Tarbosaurus manages to total the car? Said car had to stop because a tree had fallen on the road. The reason the tree had fallen? The Tarbosaurus put it there.
- The first time the team fights it, it utterly annihilates them and barely even flinches while being shot at (to be fair, it was being hit with plastic bullets).
- The second time, atfter pissing it off by killing a female it was more than likely about to mate with, it charges after them and slaughters almost all of them, and even kills a Therezinosaurus when it gets between him and the team. It only succumbs after being hit with massed Taser fire.
- From the second episode, the Xenosmilus: its vicious, aggressive, and very stealthy, to the point it pretty easily picks off the performers without even being noticed by the team.
- This episode also highlights how mucked up Warren is: he only seems to be bothered with civilian casualties, seems perfectly willing to kill them, and actually kills one of his own men so that he can save the main cast.
- The Reveal at the end of the chapter is even more unnerving. Warren really is inhuman....
Nightmare Fuel / Primeval America