"You came here to kill! You're killing people because it's your job? At least pull the trigger with your own emotions! Pull it for yourself and do it without mercy!"
In two seasons, Gundam 00
proved itself to be one of the darkest incarnations of Gundam
- Ali al-Saachez is absolutely terrifying. The thought of anyone being so cruel and doing horrible things just because he can, and wanting war to continue endlessly because he enjoys it.
Ali: "Oh ho! So you're his brother?"
Lockon: "Something funny about that?"
Ali: "It makes killing you even sweeter!"
Lockon: "What in the hell is wrong with you!?"
Ali: "It's just WHO I AM!"
- Hallelujah, who is just as terrifying as the Bloody Ali al-Saachez. In worst-case scenarios, his real persona, Allelujah, is fully aware of his existence and is absolutely terrifying with his actions.
- "You have witnessed too much." Looking back on it, VEDA's capabilities is terrifying.
- Team Trinity, and the conclusion that they're ultimately created to be disposable from the beginning.
- Ribbons Almark is a living symbol of how utterly horrifying when world-changing power (literal or otherwise) gets used without humanity to accompany it. The prime example being the mind-controlling of Anew Returner, an ability no other characters in the series possess and a complete disregard of humans' lives.
- It's also confirmed that Ribbons can't die as he has dozen of clone that ready to be his new body. He clearly doesn't seem bother with his own death since he can transfer all his consciousness flawlessly compared with the other Innovade. If not because Tieria become one with VEDA and bury his data permanently, there is a HUGE probability that he will survive once again if Setsuna successfully destroy 0-Gundam.
- Both Innovator and A-Laws. From technology, they are more competent than any faction thanks to the Veda since they take fully control on it. They also support by two most richest women in the world, who has no problem send all their money for sake of support mass genocide around and create true permanent peace.
- Their existence also double as Paranoia Fuel since the media manipulation for government propaganda indeed exist in real-life.
- In fact, member of Innovator and the person who connected with them can be one of your closed comrade and also your lover.
- Wang Liu Mei can counted as this. As she willingly work both protagonist and antagonist side for satisfy her own personal goal, completely disregard the main consequence.
- The series opens with young Setsuna fighting in a war zone with his Child Soldier comrades' bloody corpses, all because some religious reasons.
- Oh but then it gets better later on when we finally meet the guy who made him the way he is. Mainly because we learn that it wasn't religion that forced Setsuna to start fighting... it was because of a PMC being paid to make war happen.
- The first time Virtue Gundam shows up, it straight up melted an entire Helion mobile suit. Tieria then is such a cold-hearted mission-driven meister, even Allelujah commented that it was pretty excessive.
- Looking back, he is just one step away from being a completely power-driven Innovade like the rest of Ribbon Almarks' gang, hadn't for Lockon's existence.
- In episode 5, Soma Peries suddenly goes berserk and shoots an orbital elevator, causing parts of it to come off with hundreds of civilians inside it, teetering to burn up in Earth's atmosphere. And HRL just carries on with their Child Soldier program regardless...
- In episode 10, Hallelujah kills Adjutant Ming by stabbing his Tieren with Kyrios's GN Shiled "pincer" and then pulling it slowly in a very brutal and unsettling manner. After his death, Allelujah wonders if Hallelujahs actions are a reflection of his true nature, and dissolves into tears.
- In episode 11, Allelujah being coerced by his Split Personality to destroy a Super Soldier facility filled with children. While this is actually his own idea to destroy it, after he senses the agony from the children with his quantum brainwaves, he tries hard to resist his action and Hallelujah's statement. Unfortunately, Allelujah destroys the facility, resulting in ALL the scientists and the children who were soon to be Super Soldiers being killed.
- Episode 17 show the first Team Trinity brutality at UNION Base. When Professor Eifman read the truth behind Celestial Being, VEDA give him a message "You have witnessed too much." before Team Trinity suddenly appear at the base. The scene where Professor Eifman is vaporized by them is really unsettling.
- Episode 18 show how Team Trinity goes so far that they willingly kill group the citizen who has no involvement with any military faction. One of the is Louise and her family, who happily celebrate one of her cousin wedding. The sole reason why Nena destroy them because she hate them for having fun while she still stuck on her duty. To add the injury, Nena has no remorse of her action, mocked Louise and her family and forget about it.
- The manga version literally made it worse that all of them laugh at it!
- Season 2 introduces the Automatons, unmanned killing machines used by the A-Laws that are both scarily effective and entirely indiscriminate in their attacks. As such, any scene where they appear is likely to involve disturbing amounts of violence and death.
- In episode 5, A-Laws committed a massacre at Katharon base thanks to the information from one of federation soldier, who hear entire Sergei and Saji conversation in privacy. A-Laws action absolutely brutal to the point Sergei, Soma, Kati, even Mr.Bushido (a elite soldier who closed with A-Laws commander, Homer Katagiri) disgust with this action.
- Nena's death in episode 21 absolutely brutal. Louise use GNMA-Regnant "fangs" to wildly attack her Throne Drei, making Nena has no chance to stand against her. Then, after disable her Gundam, Louise use Regnant gigantic "claw" to grab her machine, then crushed it until Throne Drei explode. Sure this moment is so dark and unsettling. However, giving Nena has no remorse over her past action although she suffer Trauma Conga Line thanks to Ali and Ribbons, Nena clearly deserve this.
- After Louise succeeds in killing Nena Trinity, when she finally breaks down, desperately asking for praise from her deceased parents and feeling empty after her revenge is absolutely terrifying.
- In episode 22, unable to cope with her sadness and anger after killing Nena Trinity, she begins remembering her last words and starts giggling with her Psychotic Smirk (plus her eyes start glowing, showing that her quantum brainwaves have been activated), indicating that Louise already completely lost her mind.
- Between the end of episode 23 and later in episode 24, Louise, who has at this point completely lost her sanity, shows up with Regnant and wildly attacks 00-Raiser. She refuses to hear Saji's words and blames Celestial Being for robbing her future and causing chaos in the entire world. Her mental condition is worsening after Setsuna attacks Andrei's Ahead, and she attempts to use a suicide attack to kill both Setsuna and Saji, outright saying that she just wants them dead and doesn't care if she dies as well. Luckily, this is stopped after Louise is knocked out and fell unconscious after the Regnant is knocked down by GAGA's, but the scene is still very unsettling.
- When Louise regains her consciousness, she chokes Saji and tries to kill him for the sake of revenge, even though he had absolutely nothing to do with what happened to her and her family. Her face◊ when she does it is very scary with her eyes still glowing, which can make you terrified, angry or maybe feel sympathy at the same time to her due the horrible things that Ribbons has done to her.