- A lot of The Holy Bible falls under this. "The Intense Humming of Evil" and "Archives Of Pain" in particular.
- It may have not been deliberate on the Manics' part, but there's some major Fridge Horror with the end of "The Intense Humming of Evil". Leaving aside the mechanical noise that repeats throughout the song, Sean Moore's drumming sounds like a moving train, and when the song slows down, it sounds like a train coming to a stop. Let that sink in for a minute.
- The opening sample to "Archives of Pain", which is from the mother of one of serial killer Peter Sutcliffe's victims.
- "Mausoleum", a song about the Holocaust, describes the sky as having 'no birds' and being 'swollen black'.
- The faceless people in the music video to "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next".
- The album covers to The Holy Bible and Journal For Plague Lovers.
- The '4 REAL' incident.note
- The lyrics in "4st 7lb" are equally horrifying and heartbreaking, vividly describing a body decaying as a result of anorexia.
Nightmare Fuel / Manic Street Preachers