- Many of the new villains can cause this.
Morlun: It's not personal.
- Morlun - You can't hurt him, you can't stop him, he will never get tired, never have to rest, will find you anywhere once he touches you, and will do anything to get you. If he's after you, your last days are a never ending run with death at the finish. And what's the worst, he doesn't even think about you like a person, just prey and your death is just a part of natural order.
- Shade — He can go anywhere and if he wants, nothing can touch him, so he can go to your house and do anything that pleases him, and you are completely helpless. He also has to trap people in other dimensions for eternity to stay material.
- Shathra — A humanoid spider-wasp that paralyzes and lays eggs in her victims, after driving them mad with anger.
- Digger — It's zombie-Hulk made from the bodies of multiple dead gangsters.
- Gatekeeper — Billions of spiders combined in one giant Hive Mind
- The second Molten Man — Not only is he super strong and indestructible, but also a murderous psychopath.
- The way Ezekiel goes completely bonkers in an effort to survive in his third story and betrays Peter so savagely. Yes, he flips back around and commits a Heroic Sacrifice but the fact that he was such a Cool Old Guy makes his turn really scary and shocking.
- Norman Osborn and Gwen Stacy's sex scene◊. The whole thing is pure Squick because of the age difference. And, you know, him being a monstrous psycho-killer.
- Morlun ripping out and eating one of Peter's eyes in The Other, soon followed by a mutated Peter tearing out Morlun's throat.
Nightmare Fuel / JMS' Spider-Man