- The sequel wasn't quite so well received as its predecessor, but if nothing else it revealed that the hospital is sentient and enjoys having people to torture.
- To top it off, it specifically released one person to spread the word and lure people back to ensure there would be more victims. And if he refuses? Well, he'll just be brought right back so he can enjoy the place for himself.
- Everything about the guard at the hospital. Literally his first appearance is him charging at them out of nowhere. Later on, the group discovers him strapped into a chair, receiving shock therapy, when they try to free him, he's electrocuted and catches fire.
- Alex and Jennifer witnessing Friedkin sacrificing a baby while hiding in a storage room. Quickly followed by a Ghost!Nurse ripping the doors open and attacking them.
- After losing two of their friends, the rest of the group actually manages to escape, run back to their hotel, and get themselves all ready to go home. They get in the elevator to go down to the lobby. The doors then open, revealing that they're back in the tunnels under the hospital all while the elevator music distorts into silence. It's also a Mind Screw: Were they in the hospital the whole time and just being presented with an illusion of freedom? Or worse, did they actually get away but then get called back? It may well be the latter, since the threat of this is what gets Alex to cooperate at the end. The inclusion of CCTV footage from the hotel's own cameras also suggests they really did go back there, because Alex hadn't filmed that part himself.
- There's also the cleaning lady in the hotel that stops what she's doing and just stares at them as the elevator door closes.
- "The Tall Man". He's a truly horrifying sight to behold: a tall, gangly, twisted thing that crawls through a window and charges relentlessly.
- About 20 minutes in, as Alex is doing his episode, the computer somehow gets taken over by a spirit as it starts printing the call sheet for him. His face even distorts like the patients in the first film as it glitches!
- The fact that, in the end, Alex is more than willing to beat Jennifer to death to escape the hospital.
- Lance, now identified as Sean Rogerson. 9 years of being stuck in the hospital have reduced him to a psychotic wreck that feeds on rats to survive. He falls victim to the spirits' tricks and misleads the group, and the one person who didn't trust him is killed at his hands.
- The little ghost girl the group encounters. She's sitting on the bed, giggling innocently and brushing her hair, asking the group to play. Moments later, she's a demonic creature chasing after them, in case you forgot the ghosts are doing this For the Evulz.
Nightmare Fuel / Grave Encounters 2