- Pvt. Pyle's treatment by Gunny Hartman and the other privates in general. As well as his breakdown.
- The blanket party stands out. Pyle's sheer defencelessness and helplessness can make the scene hard to watch.Pvt. Cowboy: Remember, it's just a bad dream, fat boy.
- The blanket party stands out. Pyle's sheer defencelessness and helplessness can make the scene hard to watch.
- The face that Pvt. Pyle makes in his mental break downed state doesn't help make the scene any less better... and then from there it gets worse.
Joker: Are those... live rounds?Pyle: Seven-six-two millimeter. (slowly, as he clicks another bullet into the magazine) Full. Metal. Jacket. (grins grotesquely)Joker: (visibly shaken) Leonard... if Hartman comes in here and catches us... we'll both be in a world of shit.Pyle: (stands up) I am... in a world... of shit! (begins drilling loudly) LEFT SHOULDER, HUT! RIGHT SHOULDER, HUT! LOCK AND LOAD! (picks up the magazine, and puts it into the rifle) ORDER, HUT! THIS IS MY RIFLE! THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE! MY RIFLE IS MY BEST FRIEND! IT IS MY LIFE!
- The moment when the insane Pyle looks up at Joker with a full-on Kubrick Stare and just creepily says "Hiii... Joker..." is bound to send chills down your spine.
- Private Pyle's demented chuckle as he lowers the rifle to point at Hartman. He's gonna really enjoy this...
- Pvt. Pyle's on-screen suicide after he kills Hartman by shooting him in the chest. The blood and visible pieces of brain and skull splattering on the wall behind him doesn't make it any better — nor does Joker's horrified reaction as Pyle kills himself.
- The deaths of Doc-Jay and 8Ball. The sniper before finally finishing them both off took her sweet time torturing the both of them by shooting them at least three to four times to make them suffer.
- The slow motion shots of them being shot and screaming in excruciating pain dies doesnt help either.
- Cowboys death. He gets shot right through the chest and spends his last few moments shouting in cursing in disbelief along with gasping for air before dying in Jokers arms.
- "Shoot... me... shoot... me...". Not to mention Joker's thousand-yard stare after the deed is done.
- The Mass Grave, especially the fucking creepy music and the bodies. The white powder on their face... shudders.
- When Crazy Earl wants Rafterman to take a photo of him posing with the corpse of a dead NVA soldier.
Nightmare Fuel / Full Metal Jacket