- The first visit to Horne after Louhi's curse is chilling. Without warning, everyone in the town has been turned into stone. Attempting to interact with anyone gets "There's no response. It's like trying to talk to a statue." This is for every castle guard, shopkeeper, child, and wandering NPC. Plus, the easy hometown music has been replaced with a rather creepy tune.
- The Game Over sequence. EVERYONE IS DEAD.
- Beelzebub's face. Dear lord.
- When one of your party dies, go to a town. You'll find their ghost floating around where they usually stand. If you try to speak to them, all you get is "..."
- The effect of petrification. The party member looks like a cracked stone statue, and it's not healed once the battle is over. Rather, the character appears to be dragging itself behind the party like a possessed statue.
- When you visit Urbeth after the Time Crash, there are multiple plague victims lying dead in the streets.
Nightmare Fuel / Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light