- Dr. Gonzo with the knife on a bad acid trip.Duke: One of the things you learn from years of dealing with drug people is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug—especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.
- Dr. Gonzo in general. He gets violent when stoned, he likes knives and has an instance of Questionable Consent with Lucy. If unchecked, that sort of behaviour can end up with a charge of rape and murder.
- The diner scene. Could also count as a Tear Jerker.
- It's never disclosed what happened to the waitress to cause such a horrific flashback, but judging by Ellen Barkin's reaction in the film it was too gruesome even in a film replete with drug experiences. It's even more horrible than the bathtub scene as Gonzo is completely lucid and she can't tell if he will murder her for not letting him buy the pie.
- Duke is not given the chance to apologise for this, nor does he seem inclined to. Probably because it wouldn't make any difference.
Nightmare Fuel / Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas