- Eureka has a mortality rate twice the national average.
- The entirety of "Blink" - especially what happens to the kid who hits the car; the freaky thought of a drug that strong; and the horrific come-down you would face afterwards with your body starved of electrolytes and water.
- The aftermath of the Artifact in Season 2. Not only is Kim Anderson killed horrifically, but people who were in the general area of the artifact start spontaneously combusting, with only two exceptions: Stark (thanks to some timely intervention by Henry and Allison) and Kevin. And in the latter's case, there's a whole host of other changes that happen as a result.
- Evil!Andy in the episode "Lost". It's amazing how chilling that omnipresent smile and happy-go-lucky demeanor can be under the right (or wrong) circumstances.
- The ending of "The Real Thing", when Holly is murdered in order to keep the true nature of the virtual world a secret. What makes it even more frightening is the fact that it's the simulated version of Jack who kills her.
- In "Force Quit", Zane barely manages to avoid the same fate.
- In a sense, Evil!Andy makes a return in "Smarter Carter". Only this time he goes so far as to steal energy from SARAH.SARAH: Andy, what are you doing?Andy: Recharging.
Nightmare Fuel / Eureka