- With all the Black Comedy, there are a lot of examples. Some popular ones are here, here, here and here.
- The final panel from this strip. The usage of Nonstandard Character Design is what makes it particularly jarring.
- Two women argue who's uglier, but turns out that at the last panel, a black-haired woman skinned the brunette woman's face.
- This comic, which involves a character doing a horrifying impression of an insomniac.
- The last panel of this thing is like something out of The Necronomicon.
- EURRRRRGH! Not so much Nightmare Fuel, more Nausea Fuel.
- Two Heads are better than one.
- I miss your face...literally.
- The strange hallucination/nightmare that Larry has in "It's a Sad Christmas, Larry" depicting a horrific car crash. Made even scarier when you realize that the car crash was the reason that Larry's dad had been in the hospital for the episode. He doesn't get better.
- We also see Larry in a wheelchair, which explains why we have never seen Larry standing up...
- A kid wants to be Ed Gein for Halloween. Of course, his mother and him are both still alive, unhurt and actually happy with their costumes and the guy's reaction implies that this is a normal thing, but still!
- The best way to cure hiccups is to scare them away.
- This one, coupled with Fridge Horror.
- This face, especially if you don't realize there's a caption.
- "What a lazy costume. It's not even scary!" "Look closer."
- "I HAD A BAD DREAM"
- "Aw, dude. Not cool."
- This comic but it was a mashup between Candyman and Christina Aguileras hit single, Candyman.
- This comic is about self-vore.
- "What if she doesn't have any skin?"
- In this comic, a woman gives her son a Wheres Waldo? book, only to discover that the book's artwork is disturbingly surreal.
- "Please call an ambulance."
- Their explanation for why Barney the Dinosaur looks the way he does is more hauntingly gruesome than anything you might have imagined.
- This strip reveals at the last minute that the main character is a werewolf. While it isnt too bad, it can be unsettling if youre not expecting it.
- The Jump Scare in this Halloween strip. He's so ugly, everyone hands the camera to him.
- The man-eating Eldritch Abomination in this strip.
Nightmare Fuel / Cyanide & Happiness