Despite looking like a cutesy children's comic series, Cucumber Quest is actually full of scary moments.
- Think Princess Piano's freakouts are frightening? Here's Princess Piano forcing herself not to freak out. It's... rather jarring.
- Don't let Noisemaster's fun DJ persona fool you; he isn't messing around. He was completely willing to zap Nautilus into dust, for example."Hey, Princess. All alone? ... Too bad."
- Really, Noisemaster suddenly dropping his chill DJ facade at the climax of Chapter 2 is incredibly jarring. The colors take a muted tone and Noisemaster's screen-face becomes disturbingly blank. Especially after it's cracked from Liquus's counterattack. It resembles TV static. "Know what, Cucumber? You were right. I am sick of the same thing. That's why this time, there's gonna be some changes."
- Mutemaster is no slouch in this department, either, despite his normally placid demeanor. Push the right buttons, and he will go livid. His immobilizing Anti-Magic field is bad enough, but he also has no problem using his greatly superior size and strength to slam Almond, a child, into a wall.
- Glitchmaster's... Everything. Every where she appears she's surrounded by an Ominous Visual Glitch that horrifically distorts everything around her, within or outside the comic. The Nightmare Knight copy she replicated in the Chapter 2 interlude inflicts some kind of attack on the heroes and we're still not entirely sure what it is, only that it's accompanied by a VMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
- Rosemaster wastes no time letting the reader knows she means business."...I haven't given up. Not yet. And until we've won... I NEVER will."
- Rosemaster's powered up form is as terrifying as it is awesome, but the entirety of this page really amps up the "terrifying".
- How Rosemaster gets Almond under her control - she takes advantage of Almond's heartbreak at seeing Carrot cowering behind a bush in fear by convincing the girl that Carrot's cowardice could very well make him a villain. This makes Almond cross the Despair Event Horizon so hard that she doesn't notice the branches and vines creeping into her mind. And once she's taken, Almond is influenced to kill Carrot by driving him off a cliff.
- The result of Quakemaster's Curse. Obsidian finally removes his mask, revealing a face devoid of any features and made entirely of stone. And this is soon to be Carrot's fate if he doesn't pull through.