- Clock Tower 3 has more constant fear of ambushing, and surprise attacks to make you scream and jump out of your chair. Besides that, there's the extremely disturbing scenes of Sledgehammer killing a little girl, and Corroder giving a man and his mother an "acid bath." The worst part is that Sledgehammer and Corroder were based on actual serial killers who used those actual MOs (Corroder even uses the killer's real name).
- Getting caught in panic mode by a ghost leads to Alyssa dying by being levitated and having her spine broken in half like a twig midair.
- The scene where Dick merges with Lord Burroughs. The latter bursts forth from a painting in the form of some sort of fleshy liquid that splatters over Dick and envelops him, all while he moans and screams "ALYSSAAA!" before sinking into the floor.
- Lord Burroughs' special attack, which is basically a demonic version of Alyssa's. A giant skeleton opens a hole in the sky and shoots a red beam out of its mouth. It's as creepy as it is deadly.
- Robert Morris, who would later become Sledgehammer, is implied to be just an ordinary man who didn't seem to have any violent tendencies or noticeable issues but would later gets possessed and become a rampaging murderer. If that is true, any person can be possessed by a Entity regardless of their previous temperament and do horrendous acts against their will; they don't even seem to be released after death, because when they die they become a Subordinate who will continue killing more people.
- The fact that the one trying to kill Alyssa for immortality is her own beloved grandfather. The person you should be able to trust the most is the one trying to kill you. And it gets even creepier with the Parental Incest that is heavily applied towards both his daughter Nancy and now his granddaughter Alyssa.
- Despite their camp, the Scissor Twins have brutally tortured and slaughtered many, many people for the sheer sadistic joy of it. Their Monster Clown gimmick can serve to make them even creepier when combined with their childlike glee in killing.
- Chopper might not be as scary as the first two Subordinates you encounter, but he is clearly the most dangerous of them all. Not only did he kill Nancy, but when you get to his graveyard level, you'll discover that every single grave is filled with the Rooders he's personally slaughtered. You can read some of them too, with one particular victim being around 11 or 12. There's a reason he's the head of the Subordinates.
Nightmare Fuel / Clock Tower 3