Per wiki policy, Spoilers Off applies here and all spoilers are unmarked. You Have Been Warned.
- Jafar. While he did have a bit of a temper in the original film, he balances it out with his slick charm. Here, he's like a volcano that is ready to blow at any minute.
- The film wastes no time in establishing just what kind of a man he is, forcing a clearly reluctant man into The Cave Of Wonders at swordpoint. The camera then pans to make it seem like the "eyes", are glaring right into your own, only for the jaws to snap down and cut off a terrified scream...
- Jafar tops himself a few scenes later when a loyal but clueless guard keeps pressing his Berserk Button. The hapless fool is thrown down a deep oubliette with a scream of despair where he likely perished. His rant before he does so is very unsettling as well. It starts off very calm then it slowly becomes more intense until it reaches the point where Jafar is shouting it out.Jafar: Do you know what I had to do the get the power that I have...? The sacrifices that I made? The bodies that I buried? The five years spent in a Shirabad jail? People need to understand that they will pay for underestimating me! Second is not enough and it will never be enough! That's why I need the lamp AND WHY I NO LONGER NEED YOU!
- Whenever Jafar hypnotizes someone with his staff. The victim's eye color changes and Jafar's voice sounds a lot deeper. At one point, he tries to hypnotize Aladdin disguised as Prince Ali to ally with him. Luckily for Aladdin, Genie intervenes.
- When Jafar uses his second wish to become a sorcerer, he demonstrates his power by conjuring a real cobra and turing it into a new staff. It even hisses and spits in a few scenes!
- When Jasmine steals the lamp from Jafar, it appears to be a suicide attempt, and the horror on the Sultan's face is awful to see. Also doubles as a brief Tear Jerker.
- Jafar transforms Iago into a giant demonic rukh after Jasmine steals back the lamp from him and escapes with Aladdin on Carpet. While brief, Iago is unleashed on a deadly rampage after the heroes, with them only escaping by the skin of their teeth.
- Jafar as a genie has a few moments of fear right before being bound by the magical conscription of his new form. His first act with all that phenomenal cosmic power is to blast away Shirabad, an entire city, all the way from Agrabah whereas the original version, while he planned to rule the galaxy, only tried and failed to kill Aladdin and Jasmine and planned to kill the Saultun but failed. This Jafar tries to cause thousands if not millions of deaths and this will include the poor people that he claimed to grow up as.