- The funny thing about Dream Child is that while it's not one of the most fondly remembered of the sequels, there was a large portion of the film considered so horrible and disgusting that said scenes were cut out of the subsequent VHS and DVD releases, and they still haven't been put on official releases 25 years later. Those scenes came out of Dan and Greta's respective deaths, with Dan being forcibly merged with the motorcycle he's driving, and Greta being force fed her own organs before Krueger chokes her to death. The death scenes are still in the official releases but they have content cut out of them, such as:
- More emphasis on Krueger shoving wires into Dan's body and under his skin, the fact that Dan's blood was replaced with gasoline until his remaining skin became dry and ripped away, to Dan's face being torn off and wires inserted into his skull.
- The reveal that all this time Krueger had actually been clawing out parts of Greta's stomach and intestinal tract and feeding them to her, until he basically digs his claws into her abdomen and rips out a large chunk just to show it to her.
- Literally from this line.Freddy: Fuel injection!
- Greta's hideously swollen face in her dream, caused not just from the "food" Freddy is making her eat, but her own vomit as well.
- Mark's death scene also counts. Some people may find the idea of a person being turned into paper funny, especially if you've watched those "Slurp till it's Flat" commercials. So when Mark gets turned into paper by Krueger, maybe it ought to be somewhat amusing, right? WRONG. At least the kids from those "Slurp till it's Flat" commercials could move while also retaining their colors. All Mark can do is flail around helplessly while HIS colors slowly BLEED out until they come to form a multicolored puddle around his feet. What really ought to send shivers down your spine though is the way he SCREAMS in absolute horror at what he's become, with the look of pure terror on his face. And the music playing in the background: gloomy and dark. It's no wonder that Mark's death scene comes off as one of the darkest and also saddest death scenes from the entire franchise, considering that for a moment there, it looked like Mark actually beat Krueger.
- It becomes even more disturbing when you think about what Mark's mutilated body must've looked like in reality after Freddy was finished, all we saw was a bloodied hand, given how thorough Freddy was with slicing Mark to pieces in the dream word.
- The opening sequence focuses on Alice experiencing what happened to Amanda Krueger when she'd been raped by the maniacs in Westin Hills. This includes a lingering shot of one inmate played by Robert Englund, who also appears briefly to torment Alice when she seemingly wakes up. This has led to speculation that this particular maniac is either Freddy's biological father, or Freddy himself. If this is indeed the latter, then it leads into the implications of him either wanting to terrify Alice, wanting to experience raping her, or wanting to experience raping his own mother.
- After Alice goes on a rant calling Freddy a coward for not facing her or his mother, it suddenly cuts to Freddy looking absolutely pissed off and starts to approach Alice growling in fury. It's one of the few times in the later films Freddy isn't playing games and is terrifying without being funny.
- The Freddy baby pictured above that shows up in the opening recreation of his birth. It also returns at the end when Krueger is turned back into it before being absorbed by Amanda Krueger.
Nightmare Fuel / A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child