Zara Maria Larsson (born 16 December 1997 in Stockholm) is a Swedish pop singer. She first made a name for herself after winning Talang, the Swedish equivalent of America's Got Talent. In 2013, five years after Talang, she had a huge comeback with "Uncover", which became a #1 hit in Sweden that February.
In 2015, she released the songs "Lush Life" and "Never Forget You" (a duet with British EDM star MNEK). Those two songs broke her into the global pop scene, going top 5 in almost every country they charted in, and in the case of "Never Forget You", also becoming a big crossover in the United States. Larsson collaborated with the likes of David Guetta and Tinie Tempah on some of their hits.
- 1 (2014)
- So Good (2017)
Tropes associated with Zara Larsson:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Surprisingly enough, the entire premise of "Bad Boys".
- Cover Version: Her winning single from Talang was a cover of Céline Dion's "My Heart Will Go On".
- Hotter and Sexier: The video for "Ain't My Fault".
- The Missus and the Ex: In "She's Not Me", Zara is singing to her ex-boyfriend, telling him that his new girlfriend will never be able to replace the void left over.
- Motor Mouth: She can sing fast. Check out "Ain't My Fault" for proof.
- Secret Relationship: "Uncover" is about Zara and her boyfriend having a secret relationship a la Romeo and Juliet before "uncovering" and making it public.
- Something Completely Different: "I Would Like" is a Piss Take Rap / Parody of Bubblegum Pop.
- Two-Part Episode: "She's Not Me" is a two-part song, complete with two music videos.