Zach Sherwin, formerly known as MC Mr. Napkins, is an American rapper, writer, comedian, and actor best known for writing for and appearing in Epic Rap Battles of History. In addition to his work there, he has his own rapping career on YouTube. He is also known for the puns, anagrams, and palindromes that he uses in his songs as well as on Twitter.
Tropes found in his songs include:
- An Aesop: Has a tendency to include one. For example, "Pro/Con" is about reconciling one's strengths and weaknesses, and "Buddha Worm" is about putting aside one's ego to recognize their mortality.
- Badass Boast: Several in "F-Bombs". Deconstructed, however, in "Pro/Con".
- Brainy Brunette: Has dark hair, and is known for the wordplay in the lyrics he writes.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Played for laughs in "F-Bombs".
- Comeback Tomorrow: The point of "The Letter C".
- The Dog Bites Back: "Krav Maga" involves a bully and a robber getting beaten by their respective victims using the titular martial art.
- Jewish and Nerdy: Discussed in "Street Cred", where he acknowledges his background being unusual for a rapper, as he wasn't involved in any gangs, he just did mundane things such as a cappella and was on the debate team. He did, however, steal a softcore porn magazine and get away scot-free.
- Mundane Made Awesome: He once made a song about an aggressive bee, of all things. It's called "The Aggressive Bee".
- "Not So Different" Remark: In "Buddha Worm", Zach smugly saves a worm from getting crushed, thinking of himself as a hero for saving a fragile little worm that wouldn't be able to do anything if a human ended up stepping on it. But then Zach himself almost gets run over by a truck and wonders, couldn't he himself get run over and killed at any moment? It's then that he realizes the lesson the worm was teaching him.
- Subverted Rhyme Every Occasion: In "Krav Maga"That Billy was burly, but still he got a swirly
Because Victor took him out like he was just a little - weakling
I won't rhyme "girly" there, that's one we all foresaw
And unpredictability is part of krav mizza-mizza-mizza-mizza