Jay Wayne Jenkins (born September 28, 1977), known professionally by his rap moniker Young Jeezy (currently Jeezy), is an American rapper, songwriter, and actor from Atlanta, Georgia.
Beginning his rap career in 2001 under the name Lil J, Jeezy would go on to sign with Def Jam Recordings in 2004. In 2005, he would release his first major studio album Lets Get It: Thug Motivation 101 to critical praise and was commercially successful. The album garnered more attention to the rap sub genre known as Trap Music, which was previously introduced by fellow Atlanta rapper T.I. two years earlier. Jeezy would go on to release ten albums in total, culminating in 2019 with his final studio album TM 104: Legend of Snowman.
- Lets Get It: Thug Motivation 101 (2005)
- The Inspiration (2006)
- The Recesssion (2008)
- TM:103: Hustlerz Ambition (2011)
- Seen It All: The Autobiography (2014)
- Church in the Streets (2015)
- Trap or Die 3 (2016)
- Pressure (2017)
- TM:104: The Legend of Snowman (2019)
Tropes associated with Young Jeezy:
- Cluster F-Bomb: As per usual with any rapper.
- Intercourse with You: His dirty south sex tale in Tear It Up with Lloyd and fellow Atlanta rapper Slick Pulla about coming over to a womans house and having sex with her.
- N-Word Privileges: Expected from a rapper.
- Rhyming with Itself: In the second song off Thug Motivation 101 Standing Ovation:''Now Im your favorite rappers favorite rapper. (Ay)Now Im your favorite trappers favorite trapper.
- Southern Rap: He was born in Columbus, South Carolina, raised in Atlanta, Georgia. So its expected of his rap style when it comes from these cities.
- Trap Music: His primary rap style. His debut studio album further popularized the genre, influencing eventual up-and-coming rappers at the time.
- Verbal Tic: His most famous ad-lib: Yeah!