Vaniru is a Visual Kei Electro-Goth duo that debuted March 1, 2013. It consists of vocalist LEONEIL, guitarist YUTO, and will occasionally use a touring bassist. It is highly similar to the 2000s-2010s era of BUCK-TICK, heavily playing upon many of the same tropes and method of performance, and with Leoneil and Yuto looking very much like Atsushi and Imai in their photoshoots and videos. The band has released four singles, Cosmic Night, Zakuro, High Fantasy, and Dead or Dance, and Performance Video for Cosmic Night and Zakuro, Love Again, Dead or Dance; an album, Masquerade of Cosmic, and has performed alongside other new bands, most notably Adams.
- LEONEIL - vocals
- YUTO - guitar
Masquerade of Cosmic - January 2015
- Cosmic Night - March 1 2013
- High Fantasy -
- Dead Or Dance - October 2015
Vaniru Provides Examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender: Leoneil appears truly ambiguous in stage dress. Yuto is more obviously masculine.
- Auto-Tune - Their promotional videos are heavily autotuned/edited, but this is done for effect as Electronic Music, not to cover up bad singing or instrument playing.
- Clone by Conversion: Either this or Family Business with a side of Generation Xerox for BUCK-TICK.
- Electronic Music: A unique take on it being a vocal and guitar duo, as most electronic acts don't tend to use live guitarists.
- Fanservice: Leoneil is walking fanservice. The video for Zakuro combines this and Vampires Are Sex Gods.
- Generation Xerox: If the widespread rumor that Leoneil is related to Atsushi Sakurai is true.
- Goth Rock: What they describe themselves as.
- Homoerotic Subtext: They play to it intentionally as a form of fanservice in interviews, and by touring with other bands known for it.
- Vampires Are Sex Gods: Leoneil plays to the vampire image heavily, especially in promotional videos and artwork - he even has a "pet bat" in some official photography.