Unleash the Archers is a Canadian heavy metal band from Victoria, BC. They are currently signed with Napalm Records. The band is notable for it's Creator Couple Brittney Slayes and Drummer Scott Buchanan, their rotating bandmates, as well as it's unique take on Power Metal using some death metal elements with growls.
They primarily toured Canada up and down throughout the early 2010's, and finally broke into prominence primarily on the heels of their Time Stands Still album, and followed it up with the Concept Album Apex, about a terrible Matriarch who summons an immortal to do her bidding.
- Brittney Hayes (a.k.a. Brittney Slayes) clean vocals (2007present)
- Scott Buchanan drums (2007present)
- Grant Truesdell guitar, unclean vocals (2011present)
- Andrew Kingsley guitar, unclean vocals (2013present)
- Live Members
- Nick Miller - bass (2018-present)
- Mike Selman guitar (20072011)
- Zahk Hedstrom bass (20072012)
- Brad Kennedy bass (20122013)
- Brayden Dyczkowski guitar, unclean vocals (20072013)
- Kyle Sheppard bass (20142016)
- Nikko Whitworth bass (20162018)
- Unleash The Archers - Demo (2008)
- Behold the Devastation (2009)
- Demons of the AstroWaste (2011)
- Defy The Skies - EP (2012)
- Dreamcrusher - Demo (2014)
- Time Stands Still (2015)
- Apex (2017)
- Explorers - EP (2019)
- 2011: "Dawn of Ages"
- 2012: "General of the Dark Army"
- 2015: "Tonight We Ride"
- 2015: "Test Your Metal"
- 2016: "Time Stands Still"
- 2017: "Cleanse the Bloodlines"
- 2017: "Awakening"
Unleash the Archers' music provide examples of:
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: It stars in the video for Dawn of Ages, where it kidnaps the band one by one... only to reveal it's a huge fan, and wants to see them play.
- Concept Album: Apex is the most obvious one, though many of their post-2011 releases are structured so eerily like one you could almost make the story yourself.
- Dirty Coward: In "Ten Thousand Against One", the singer calls out the subject for sending out soldiers to fight a war for his selfish interests.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Their early stuff has more emphasis on Brittney's voice and on the drums, with relatively simple guitar and bass work. Time Stands Still and Apex comparatively are much more epic in sonic scale.
- Offing the Offspring: In "Cleanse the Bloodlines", the Matriarch tells the Immortal about how she plans to kill her sons to maintain her own immortality. We also see this in the music video.
- Trash Can Band: The end of the Dawn of Ages video has the band playing the song on whatever they could get their hands on to play for Bigfoot.
- Vicious Cycle: Dawn of Ages discusses the terrible cycle of destruction created by a magic sword that was intended to bring a land to everlasting peace.