Tyler Bryant & the Shakedown are a hard rock band from Nashville, Tennessee. The groups current lineup consists of Tyler Bryant (Guitar, vocals), Graham Whitford (Guitar), Ryan Fitzgerald (Bass) and Caleb Crosby (Drums).
The group was initially formed in 2009 by Tyler Bryant, a former blues guitarist from Paris, Texas, who had moved to Nashville to pursue songwriting. Since then, the group has led a successful musical career, releasing a number of albums and EPs, and performing at several music festivals. Their music has also been featured in TV shows.
- Studio Albums:
- Wild Child (2013)
- Tyler Bryant & the Shakedown (2017)
- Truth & Lies (2019)
- Pressure (2020)
- My Radio (2011)
- From the Sandcastle (2011)
- The Wayside (2015)
- All Guitars Are Stratocasters: Bryant owns several stratocaster models, and it is the only model of electric that he plays. Averted by Graham Whitford, who is a Gibson player. Also somewhat averted by Bryant in his acoustic tracks, in which he plays a Mule-brand resonator guitar.
- Blues Rock: Their music can be considered as this.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Prior to founding the Shakedown, Bryant recorded the album Born in Texas, which featured a Texas-style blues sound.
- Grief Song: "Out There" off of Truth and Lies.
- Hard Rock: Their music definitely fits this genre.
- Magical Negro: Roosevelt Twitty, Bryant's childhood guitar teacher.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Most of their music generally ranges between 4-6, though some of Bryants acoustic ballads can be classified as low as 2 or 3.
- Nobody Loves the Bassist: The group has gone through three bass players over the course of their career. The current bassist, Ryan Fitzgerald, didnt even appear in promotional photos (like the one above) for the groups album Pressure, which he made his debut playing bass on.
- Title Track: My Radio, The Wayside and Pressure.