Their style has been compared to Editors, Foals and the Futureheads. They are known for jangly guitars and dancy drum beats and synths. The band is probably best known in America, for their song "What You Know", which they have performed on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.
- Alex Trimble, guitar, lead vocals, synth
- Sam Halliday, lead guitar, backing vocals
- Kevin Baird, bass, synth, backing vocals
In the studio, the drumming is programmed by the producer and band, but on tour their drummer is:
- Benjamin Thompson, touring drummer
- Tourist History (2010, Kitsune), this was certified gold.
- Beacon (2012, Kitsune)
- Gameshow (2016, Parlophone)
- False Alarm (2019, PIAS and Transgressive)
Tropes from this band include:
- All Drummers Are Animals : Averted because their drummer isn't a person. It's a computer.
- A Wild Rapper Appears!: Open Mike Eagle on the track "Nice To See You".
- Bishōnen: Alex Trimble.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys: Just look.◊
- Deadpan Snarkers: From the "Changing of the Seasons" video:Interviewer: How many bands do you believe have adopted the Two Door Cinema Club ethos?
The band: 37.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: 3.
- New Sound Album : Beacon sounds more spacey and quieter than the more punk-influenced Tourist History.
- Performance Video : What You Know. Sort of. Also counts as a mild Busby Berkeley Number.
- The Quiet One : Sam.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: The band usually performs in matching business casual.