Trigger the Bloodshed are an English Technical Death Metal band forming in 2006. Guitarists Rob Purnell and Martyn Evans formed the band, but the latter had left in 2011. They signed onto the now closed Rising Records, with all of their albums being released on that record until they shut down. After original vocalist Charlie Holmes left, he was replaced by Jonny Burgan, who has been with the band since.
Although they had been releasing albums annually, they stopped doing so in 2011, presumably due to label issues, with no current word of a new album anywhere.
- Rob Purnell guitars, backing vocals (2006present)
- Jonny Burgan lead vocals (2008present)
- Dave Purnell bass guitar (2008present)
- Dan Wilding drums (2009present)
- Martyn Evans rhythm guitar (20062011)
- Charlie Holmes lead vocals (20072008)
- Jamie O'Rourke bass guitar (20072008)
- Max Blunos drums (20072009)
- Purgation (2008)
- The Great Depression (2009)
- Degenerate (2010)
This band provides the examples of the following:
- Cover Version: "Rapid Fire" by Judas Priest
- Deathcore: Purgation
- Genre Shift: To tech death on The Great Depression.
- I Am the Band: Rob Purnell
- Miniscule Rocking: A few of their songs off Purgation.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Anywhere on the 10 scale, but mostly a solid 10 creeping to a hard 10.
- Out-of-Genre Experience: "The Soulful Dead" is a straight-up OSDM song with only a few hints of their usual sound.
- Signature Style: Bludgeoning rhythms on top of a storm of blast-beats and uncommon time signature riffs in addition to a wild storm of leads
- Technical Death Metal: Occasionally verges onto brutal tech.
- Uncommon Time