Things To Come is the second English album by Peter Schilling, which was released in 1985. It is the counterpart of his German album 120 Grad, which was released in 1984.
- "Hitze Der Nacht" (5:16)
- "Hurricane" (4:30)
- "Region 804" (4:18)
- "Fünfte Dimension" (5:11)
- "10,000 Punkte" (3:16)
- "Einsam Überleben" (4:03)
- "Party Im Vulkan" (4:46)
- "Terra Titanic" (5:03)
- "120 Grad" (4:40)
Things To Come
- "Chill of the Night"
- "City of Night (Berlin)"
- "Lone Survivor"
- "The Hurricane (Hammers on the Shore)"
- "Where You Are I Am"
- "Things to Come"
- "Terra Titanic (Lost to the Sea)"
- "Zone 804"
- "10,000 Points"
Tropes of the night.
- Album Title Drop: "Things To Come" in the Title Track.
- Apocalypse How: "Terra Titanic" suggests a global disaster in a metaphorical sense, equating the Earth to the RMS Titanic.
- Break Up Song: "Chill Of The Night".
- Distress Call: An SOS signal in Morse code is played repeatedly during the bridge of "Terra Titanic".
- Face Death with Dignity: A line from "Terra Titanic"."The rats have the sense to abandon the ship,while the captain adjusts his tuxedo a bit,with his glass raised up high as the ice water hits."
- Face on the Cover: Peter Schilling's face appears only on the back cover, while his back is turned toward the camera on the front cover. On 120 Grad, Peter's face appears fully on the front cover.
- Location Song: "City Of Night (Berlin)".
- Record Producer: Armin Sabol, Peter Schilling.
- Scoring Points: The subject of "10,000 Points", addressing the video game craze of the early 1980s.
- Sole Survivor: The protagonist of "Lone Survivor" who isolates himself during a nuclear war in a "fortress made of steel", expecting to be this when the war ends. Near the end of the song, the people around the world post-war understand and begin correcting their mistakes, but "nobody knows about the lone survivor, so there can be no escape"
- Spoken Word in Music: "City Of Night (Berlin)" contains part of John F. Kennedy's "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech.
- Title Track: "Things To Come".
- We Come in Peace Shoot to Kill: "Zone 804" is about visiting aliens that have come in peace to fix our world, but the world sees them as a threat and responds only with having missile silos open and standing by.