The Simpsons Sing the Blues is a 1990 album released by Geffen Records featuring the cast of The Simpsons singing various songs. Two of its notable songs that got airplay were "Do the Bartman" and "Deep, Deep Trouble," each of which were accompanied by a video.
- "Do The Bartman"
- "School Days"
- "Born Under A Bad Sign"
- "Moanin' Lisa Blues"note
- "Deep, Deep Trouble"
- "God Bless The Child"
- "I Love To See You Smile"
- "Springfield Soul Stew"
- "Look At All Those Idiots"
- "Sibling Rivalry"
Do the Tropeman
- Book-Ends: The video for "Do The Bartman" begins and ends with Bart performing a dance routine at a school assembly.
- Butt-Monkey: Homer Simpson in "Look At All Those Idiots", purposely chosen by Mr. Burns to relieve his anger against his subordinates.
- Cheek Copy: Mr. Burns sings about this problem with his employees in the song "Look At All Those Idiots".
- Cover Version: "School Days" by Chuck Berry, "Born Under A Bad Sign" by Albert King, "God Bless The Child" by Billie Holiday, "I Love To See You Smile" by Randy Newman, and "Springfield Soul Stew" (which is actually based on "Memphis Soul Stew" by King Curtis).
- Dance Sensation: "Do The Bartman".
- Downer Ending: If it wasn't bad enough for what Bart went through in "Deep, Deep Trouble", he suffers the indignity of getting his entire head shaved off in the end (and being laughed at for it in the video).
- Enraged by Idiocy: Mr. Burns singing "Look At All Those Idiots."
- Face on the Cover: Various members of the Simpsons family peer out from the sides of the cover.
- Let's Duet: Bart and Buster on "School Days", Homer and Marge on "I Love To See You Smile", and Bart and Lisa on "Sibling Rivalry."
- Record Producer: John Boylan, Michael Jackson, Bryan Loren, and DJ Jazzy Jeff.
- Reincarnation: In the video for "Deep, Deep Trouble", Bart goes to hell and is judged for a suitable punishment. He gets reincarnation, which makes Bart feel relieved, until he realizes that he returns as a snail.
- Sibling Rivalry: The title of the last song, performed by Bart and Lisa.
- Something Blues: "Moanin' Lisa Blues".
- Special Guest: Buster Poindexter on "School Days".
- Studio Chatter: Lisa Simpson at the beginning of "God Bless The Child", specifically requesting no synthesized strings and all live studio musicians (just as synth strings were entering the song).
- Traumatic Haircut: Bart at the end of "Deep, Deep Trouble," as featured in the video.I said, "Please, sir, just a little off the top."Dude shaved me bare, gave me a lollipop,So on my head, there's nothing but stubble.Man, I hate being in deep, deep trouble.
- Wild Pre-Teen Party: Bart Simpson and his friends have one in "Deep, Deep Trouble." It ends just as soon as the rest of the family gets home.