The Shape Of Jazz To Come is the third album by Jazz musician Ornette Coleman, released in 1959. The album was listed at nr. #248 in Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time and it was added to the National Recording Registry in 2012.
- "Lonely Woman" (4:59)
- "Eventually" (4:20)
- "Peace" (9:04)
- "Focus on Sanity" (6:50)
- "Congeniality" (6:41)
- "Chronology" (6:05)
- Ornette Coleman: alto saxophone
- Don Cherry: cornet
- Charlie Haden: double bass
- Billy Higgins: drums
The Shape Of Tropes To Come:
- Badass Boast: The album title.
- Cradle of Loneliness: "Lonely Woman".
- Face on the Cover: Ornette Coleman is in the center of the image.
- The Future Will Be Better and New Sound Album: The album title promises and delivers a whole new sound.
- Instrumental: All tracks are instrumental.
- Jazz: It's future "shape" is addressed in the album title.
- Non-Appearing Title: The title does not appear on any of the tracks.
- Only Sane Man: "Focus on Sanity".
- One-Woman Song: "Lonely Woman".
- One-Word Title: "Eventually", "Peace", "Congeniality", "Chronology".
- Pacifist: "Peace".