The Killing Red Addiction was a short-lived Visual Kei supergroup that formed in 2009 and disbanded somewhere around 2010, though there was no official notice of disbandment so much as everyone drifting apart (and one member meeting death in 2011). They performed a few times in Japan and once in 2009 at the iconic Whisky A Go Go in Los Angeles, and released a partial (and badly shot) Performance Video of their LA gig, which can be found on Youtube reuploaded by a fan when their official page disappeared. There is also a bootleg from a Japanese show at Shinjuku Loft that mostly centers on Tommy and Tatsu. No other materials seemed to have been released, though there was a CD sold only at lives and some merch.
Tropes present in the music, lyrics, and stage performance of The Killing Red Addiction:
- All Drummers Are Animals: KENZI. Possibly the most self-destructive, masochistic drummer in Visual Kei, in one of his milder displays at the Whisky A Go Go gig, he smashed flourescent lightbulbs onstage and cut himself with the glass while drumming.
- Atomic F-Bomb: Even the merch had the tagline "FUCK THE SYSTEM!"
- Careful with That Axe: Dynamite Tommy, being a punk singer.
- Epic Rocking: A band consisting of some of the top names in Japanese Visual Kei.
- Harsh Vocals: See above.
- Indecipherable Lyrics: Courtesy of Dynamite Tommy in LA. Even people who were at the gig don't remember much of what he was singing, much less specific song titles.
- Lead Bassist: Taiji Sawada was the biggest draw for the band at the LA gig, to the point of overshadowing almost all the other members, few of whom were known in the US at all, (at least outside of Visual Kei where Dynamite Tommy was recognized) whereas Taiji had been known among some non Visual Kei metalheads for his work with early X and with Loudness. The situation was less biased toward him in Japan, where the other members had more fame, but in LA it was definitely "who are those guys with Taiji?"
- The Rival: To S.K.I.N., the supergroup made by Yoshiki and featuring himself, Gackt, Miyavi, and Sugizo.