Luke Collis Sienkowski (born January 14, 1974), better known as the great Luke Ski,note is a funny music artist from the Madison, WI area. He is active in the local and national Filk scene, and is a prominent artist in the Rap Dementia sub-genre. He gets frequent playtime on The Dr. Demento Show as well as DementiaRadio.org. He is also active with the Funny Music Project (The FuMP). His podcast Luke and Carrie's Bad Rapport can be found here.
He is a member of the sketch comedy group Cirque du So What.
He worked on the cartoon Mighty Magiswords as a storyboard artist, writer, and voice actor.
Tropes Luke Ski has invoked include the following:
- Album Filler: The Gothsickles version of "House Party at Arkham Asylum" on Baconspiracy and tracks 9-13 on Worst Album Ever also all of the spoken word skits that are specific to an album (unless I find a trope more appropriate to put these on)
- Album Title Drop: The primary reason why "88 Lines about 44 Simpsons" was included on Worst Album Ever
- Anti-Christmas Song: Parts of "It's a Fanboy Christmas" and "It's a Fanboy Christmas II" invoke this. Also the introduction by "Gilbert" to "Christmas at Hogwarts" on Worst Album Ever
- Dance Sensation: "The Spongy Dance" is a parody of Spongebob Square Pants and "The Humpty Dance"
- Drunken Song: A skit on Baconspiracy treats Jonathan Coulton's "Re: Your Brains" as this.
- Rock Opera: "Grease Wars" essentially recapitulates A New Hope as this, with one or two songs dipping into the Star Wars prequels or The Empire Strikes Back for references.
- Stop and Go: Played with in "Born To Lose", when the music seems to peter out, only for the singer to plead "can't we at least finish the song?" Apparently the song's narrator is so much a born loser that he can barely keep his own band interested in the performance.
- Villain Song: "House Party at Arkham Asylum" features The Joker rapping about his and other Rogues Gallery villains' plans to mess up the Justice League.
- Worst. Whatever. Ever!: He has an album called Worst Album Ever.
- In reference to the above, his friends put together a tribute album called Worst Tribute Ever.