The Cab is a rock band from Las Vegas. They started out under Decaydance for their first record (Whisper War, 2008) but managed to record and publish the second one (Symphony Soldier, 2011) independently.
Their current line up consists of Alexander DeLeon (lead vocals), Joey Thunder (bass), Dave Briggs (drums), and Chance Johnson (guitar, backing vocals, cello). Former members included Alex Marshall (piano, guitar, backing vocals), Ian Crawford (guitar, backing vocals), Cash Colligan (bass, backing vocals), Alex Johnson (drums), Paul Garcia (guitar) and Bryan Dawson (guitar).
The band was first formed by Alexander DeLeon and Cash Colligan when they started playing music together at high school. Their first show with a full line-up was in 2005 at The Alley in Las Vegas.
They got signed under Decaydance after giving a demo to Spencer Smith at a concert. After they got signed they replaced Paul Garcia with Ian Crawford who moved from Washington to join them.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Well, "Singer". DeLeon was, for the longest time, referred to as "Singer", by everyone.
- Fun with Acronyms: The Cab used to be stylized as The CAB, because it stood for The Cash and Alex Band, after the two founding members Cash Colligan and Alex DeLeon.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": "DeLeon" is apparently pronounced "Dee-lee-own".
- Last-Name Basis: That's what happens when you have three guys all names Alex in the same band at the same time. They were referred to as (Alex) Marshall, (Alex) Johnson, and then (Alex DeLeon) Singer.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. The line-up for the first record had three of five band members called Alex. Two of them have since left, leaving DeLeon the only Alex.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: I'm an angel with a shotgun.
- Undying Loyalty: The protagonist of "Angel with a Shotgun" toward the person he's singing to.I'm an angel with a shotgun
Fighting 'til the war's won
I don't care if Heaven won't take me back
I'll throw away my faith, babe
Just to keep you safe
Don't you know you're everything I have?