Takeo Ischi (real name 石井 健雄, Ishii Takeo) is a Japanese-born yodeler. Born in 1947, Takeo was first exposed to the art of yodeling from Franzl Lang's records he listened when he was still in high school. In college, he taught himself the hammer dulcimer, zither, and yodeling in general; he also started performing his art in Japanese television. He then went to Germany on a six-month course, and while he was in Europe he performed in Switzerland and started earning money on it. Later, he attracts the attention of Franzl Lang himself and gets taken under the senior yodeler's wing.
Tropes related to him and his music:
- Animal Motifs: Outside of the vicinity of Yodel Land, he is best known for two songs (New Bibi-Hendl and Chicken Attack) that talks about chicken.
- Badass Normal: The villain from ''Chicken Pig Attack" is just a normal man with a wooden katana, but manages to knock down the pig and evade capture by the end of the song.
- Baleful Polymorph: Inverted in Chicken Attack. The chicken turns into a badass ninja. And in Chicken Pig Attack, it happens to a pig.
- The Beastmaster: In Chicken Attack, he can command all beasts but prefers chicken. Indeed, he commands pigs as well in Chicken Pig Attack.
- Bittersweet Ending: In Chicken Pig Attack, Takeo manages to save the man from his torture at the hands of the criminals, but their leader evades capture. At least the man has become Takeo's intern and will help him in his endeavors.
- Cool Old Guy: How cool? He is a master yodeler that sings about chicken and uses one to fight off bandits and stop bank robberies in Chicken Attack. And then he fights a dangerous criminal and his goons in Chicken Pig Attack.
- For Great Justice: His motivation to fight. He claims he can't "let evil run amok" and, before fighting the bad guys in Chicken Pig Attack, he claims he's come to deliver justice.
- Godwin's Law: A meta example. Expect lots of World War II and Axis jokes and comments in his videos since he is a Japanese man heavily associated with Germany.
- Happily Married: He married a German woman and has five children.
- Nature Hero: In Chicken Attack he states to have power every tree and animal, making him an example of this trope.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: In Chicken Pig Attack, he stops to a lengthy Handshake Substitute sequence with his chicken and pig friends, buying time for the villain to escape. He even admits at the end that the gesture defeated him.
- Old Superhero: Takeo is past his 70s, but that doesn't stop him from being a kickass hero that defeats bad guys with his power of nature and amazing yodeling skills.
- Precision F-Strike: the F-word is used just once in Chicken Attack, and not by the singer himself even (it was sung by the backing choir).
- Subverted Rhyme Every Occasion: Chicken Attack features the following lyrics:You should know that a man with the power of natureCan bring you to the end of your luckAnd you should know by my stride and the look in my eyeThat you're about to be massively...Forced to give up!
- Subverted later in the same song, when the lyric "massively fucked" is used.
- We Can Rule Together: The villain from Chicken Pig Attack offers to make Takeo wealthy and have all the chickens and pigs he desires if he joins him. Takeo refuses.
- Yodel Land: He is active in that region, though he is Japanese.