Andreas Haukeland, known professionally as TIX (born 12 April 1993), is a Norwegian singer-songwriter, producer, and musician.
TIX is best known for representing Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 with the song "Ut av mørket" note , later translated to "Fallen Angel" in English. Despite it being a hit on the Norwegian charts upon release, his victory at Melodi Grand Prix was widely seen as an upset win over KEiiNO, the fan-favorite group who previously represented Norway in 2019 and finished as runners-up to him with their song "Monument". TIX did qualify for the final and finished eighteenth.
In addition to his solo career, TIX has also been involved in making hit songs for other artists, most notably Ava Max's "Sweet but Psycho", which topped the charts in over twenty countries. His stage name is derived from tourettes syndrome, which he has been diagnosed with.
- Dømt og berømt note (2016)
TIX provides examples of:
- Dark Is Evil: The demons in his "Fallen Angel" performance are pitch black.
- Dark Horse Victory: His victory at Melodi Grand Prix 2021 was seen as this not because his entry was bad or unpopular, but because he was up against the fan-favorite group KEiiNO, who previously represented Norway at Eurovision in 2019 and topped the public vote then. They ultimately finished second to him.
- Gold and White Are Divine: Wears these colors in his performance of "Fallen Angel" in a subversion of the trope.
- Fallen Angel: Portrays one in his performance of "Fallen Angel".
- Ship Tease: Made several flirtatious comments and videos towards Efendi, the contestant from Azerbaijan, at Eurovision. Among them include performances of "Jaja Ding Dong" and the original Pokemon theme. Efendi appreciated the gesture, though it is unknown if they are in a serious relationship.
- Sunglasses at Night: He is often seen wearing sunglasses, especially when he performs. It's primarily to disguise his facial tics (he took them off briefly during his performances at Eurovision).