Born Saul Hudson on July 23, 1965 in Hampton, London, England. Considered to be one of the greatest guitarists in the world, Slash is best known as the lead guitarist in Guns N' Roses. After leaving the band in 1996 due to disagreements with Axl Rose, Slash played in the supergroup Velvet Revolver until it disbanded. Since then, he has released three solo albums: Slash, in which he collaborated with a set of guest musicians, and Apocalyptic Love and World on Fire, recorded with his band Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators.
In late 2015, Slash and Axl Rose began talking to each other again, which they hadn't done since Slash left GNR. Soon after, it was announced that Slash and Axl had buried the hatchet and that Slash would rejoin Guns N Roses. After 23 years of absence, Slash was playing in GNR again, and the band soon embarked on the "Not in This Lifetime..." tour.
Not to be confused with Slash Fic, although there is probably some overlap somewhere.This page is for tropes related to Slash's solo career and his work with Velvet Revolver. Please put tropes related to Slash's work in Guns N' Roses in its respective page.
Slash gives examples of:
- Cool Shades: Occasionally wears black sunglasses.
- Epic Riff: "Anastasia", and how!
- Murder Ballad: "30 Years to Life"
- Nice Hat: He is rarely seen without his iconic top hat.
- Obligatory Bondage Song: World on Fire's title track.
- "Sesame Street" Cred: He's got credits on two Disney Channel animated properties — he recorded "Kick It Up a Notch" for Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension, and later made a cameo as a Battle of the Bands judge in an episode of Milo Murphy's Law.