Sky Tonia Ferreira (born July 8, 1992) is an American, singer-songwriter, model, and actress. Her music career started in June 2009, after signing with Parlophone Records. She released a couple of songs and an EP, and got stuck into Development Hell for some time, until, in mid-2012 she released the song "Everything Is Embarrassing", produced by Blood Orange and Ariel Rechtshaid, which brought lot of critical acclaim for Sky. Her album, Night Time, My Time, was finally released in 2013.
- As If! - EP (2011)
- Ghost - EP (2012)
- Night Time, My Time (2013)
- Night Time, My Time: B-Sides, Part 1 - EP (2013)
Could've been my everything, now all these tropes are embarrassing:
- Book Ends: The clock sounds at the beginning and end of "24 Hours".
- The Cameo: Appears in the video for Music/Uffie's song "Pop the Glock", which was made in 2009 at the beginning of her career.
- Darker and Edgier: Gradually, she started making mainstream-sounding Electropop in 2010, to turn her music into a hybrid between Noise Rock, New Wave and Synth Pop music by 2013.
- Eye Scream: from "Boys": "cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye".
- Face on the Cover: Night Time My Time, though it had more than just her face. Some photos were cropped to exclude her breasts and focus only on her face, though.
- Gaspar Noé: He shot the cover for Night Time, My Time.
- Gratuitous Japanese: "Omanko," which is Japanese slang for "pussy."
- Last Note Nightmare: The title track of her debut album sounds itself nightmare-ish, but in the last minute it starts getting more and more sparse, and really darker, repeating the lines "...faster and faster..." a lot of times, and just when the track hits its darkest, it ends abruptly.
- Lyrical Dissonance: Despite the dance-y atmosphere of her song "Lost In My Bedroom", the song is about dealing with a break-up.
- Misandry Song: "Boys", which is about being unable to stand all boys except for the one she loves.
- Ms. Fanservice: A bit of a strange and possibly averted version of this trope in the video of "Everything is Embarrasing", with many saying how awkwardly she was trying to act sexy is what they found so bewitching, rather than how sexy they actually thought the video was.
- Odd Friendship: With Miley Cyrus. Also, her family used to be friends with Michael Jackson.
- One-Woman Song: "Kristine".
- Shout-Out: Night Time, My Time is a slight paraphrase of a line spoken by Laura Palmer in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me - "night time is my time". The title track features that phrase in the lyrics, as well as other allusions to dialogue from the film.
- Surreal Music Video: "One."