Born to Add (known in full as The Great Rock & Roll from Sesame Street: Born to Add) is a collection of Rock and Roll parodies from Sesame Street. The songs were mainly by one-shot characters. Some were even sung by Cookie Monster, Bert, Betty Lou, and Count Von Count. The album was originally released by Peter Pan Records on vinyl and cassette. It was later re-released on Random House Music and later Sony Wonder on cassette and CD.
- Side 1:
- "Born to Add" - Bruce Stringbean and the S Street Band
- "Letter B" - The Beetles
- "Count Up to Nine" - Count Von Count
- "The Opposite of What I Do" - How Now Brown Cow and the Moo Waves
- "The Ten Commandants of Health" - Dr. Thad and the Medications
- "Honk Around the Clock" - The Honkers with backup singers
- "Me Gonna Munch You, Munch You" - Cookie Monster and the Crumbs Unlimited Orchestra
- Side 2:
- "(I Can't Get No) Cooperation" - The Cobble Stones
- "With Every Beat of My Heart" - Little Jerry and the Monotones
- "I Wish I Had a Friend To Play With Me" - Bert
- "Count It Higher" - Chrissy and the Alphabeats
- "I Want a Monster to Be My Friend" - Betty Lou
- "Hey Food" - The Beetles and Cookie Monster!
This album provides examples of:
- No Celebrities Were Harmed:
- Bruce Stringbean and the S Street Band is based on Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.
- The album cover is a spoof of the Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's album Born to Run.
- The Beetles are based on The Beatles.
- The Crumbs Unlimited Orchestra is a parody of Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra (and the name also invokes Electric Light Orchestra).
- The Cobble Stones are based on The Rolling Stones.