Senhit Zadik Zadik, known mononymously as Senhit (born 1 October 1979) is an Italian singer.
Senhit is best known for her involvement in the Eurovision Song Contest, specifically representing San Marino rather than her native Italy. She first participated in 2011 with the song "Stand By", but failed to qualify for the final.
She would have participated a second time in 2020 with "Freaky!", but the contest was cancelled due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. She was ultimately confirmed to be returning for the following year in 2021 with "Adrenalina", which (unexpectedly) featured American rapper Flo Rida.
- Senit (2006)
- Un tesoro è necessariamente nascosto (2007)
- So High (2009)
- Hey Buddy EP (2017)
Senhit's music contains examples of:
- A Wild Rapper Appears!: "Adrenalina" features Flo Rida, who, despite months of uncertainty, managed to join Senhit on stage in Rotterdam.
- Excited Show Title!: "Freaky!"
- Fake Nationality: She has been chosen to represent San Marino at Eurovision thrice, but is of Italian nationality.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Her 2020 bid at Eurovision was intended to be this pre-cancellation, as she failed to qualify for San Marino in 2011. She would eventually get her second chance in 2021.
- Regional Riff: "Adrenalina" incorporates the krar and the kebero, which are traditional instruments from Eritrea, where her parents immigrated to Italy from.
- Spell My Name with an S: Until 2014 she was credited as "Senit", without the "h" (though the pronunciation in her native Italian doesn't change, as the "h" is silent).
- What Could Have Been: The song "Cleopatra" could have been San Marino's entry for 2020, and Senhit even recorded a demo. It was later given to Azerbaijan's Efendi to be her own entry.