The sister group of AKB48, and like this one, it has more than 48 members currently split into 3 teams - S, KII and E, as well as a group of trainees.
The group currently performs in its theatre at the Sunshine Sakae in Sakae in Nagoya, Japan, with each team performing stages-set lists of songs.
Please list any tropes related with the girls directly in the character page, because it Needs More Love.
SKE48 provides examples of the following tropes:
- Alter-Ego Acting: In general, most of the members do Type 3 when appearing on TV or performing in live events, as part of their "idol persona" or "chara".
- Jurina Matsui does Type 1 on one occasion, during a livestream on April Fools' Day, as her wrestling persona/character from Tofu Pro Wrestling, Hollywood Jurina. She even voices her support towards idol Jurina.
- Anime Theme Song: Their first single was used as the second ending of Mazinger Z's newest incarnation.
- Beach Episode: The PVs for "Gomen ne, SUMMER" and "Pareo wa Emerald". Also, the beach-set scenes in "Utsukushii Inazuma", "Bukiyou Taiyou" and "Maenomeri".
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Nearly all of SKE's singles seem summery and cheerful...except for "Kataomoi Finally" and "Bukiyou Taiyou".
- The Call Put Me on Hold: Sarina Souda first auditioned for AKB 3rd Generation in 2006, and took a couple more auditions until she finally made it into SKE at the age of 20 through the Draft system in 2013, being the very last selected out of all draftees. Four years later, she ranked #8 in the Senbatsu Elections.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Each member is associated with a different light stick color combination so she can recognize her fans from the crowd.
- Concert Kiss: At the end of "Kiss Datte Hidakiri" two members (usually Jurina and Rena) kiss.
- Cover Version: Currently, the three teams perform existing AKB stages (although both Team S and KII have had original stages in the past) However, it's been announced that the three teams will get original stages, with Team S being the first.
- This gets noted in Team KII's "Omatase Setlist", with the girls celebrating that their greatest dream (getting an original stage) has been granted, after having to suffer how their seniors had original songs while they had to cover old ones.
- Crossover: SKE members such as Jurina and Rena often appear in AKB48's singles, while the group also gets to participate in AKB48 concerts as well as events like the Janken Tournament and the General Election.
- Jurina from Team S and Kanon and Rena from Team E used to have concurrent positions in AKB's Team K, HKT's Team KIV and Nogizaka46 respectively. Milky from NMB's Team BII and Sae from SNH's Team NII have a concurrent position on Team S as well.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: It is based in Sakae and has at least 40 members.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: In an SKE only episode of the radio drama series, "Watashitachi Monogatari", which was titled "Futari (Two)", Jurina and Rena switched bodies after falling down a flight of stairs. To avoid confusion, listeners were given the Voices Are Mental treatment.
- Friendly Rivalry: With NMB48.
- Great Balls of Fire!: Featured in the "Utsukushii Inazuma" PV.
- Hotter and Sexier: Compare "Utsukushii Inazuma" to the rest of their singles.
- Idol Singer
- Joshikousei: The girls act as these in many of their PVs.
- List Song: 'SKE Oshi' and 'Team KII Oshi" list the names of members.
- "16-iro no yume Crayon" also counts for Team KII.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: At last count, it had more than 70 members including the Kenkyusei.
- MayDecember Romance: Implied in the lyrics of 'Escape'.
- Product Placement: In "GALAXY of DREAMS" from the "Mirai to wa?" single, the girls appear surrounded by Samsung Galaxy phones, since the song was used for a commercial.
- Pungeon Master: Jurina Matsui is known for this.
- Rail Enthusiast: Rena Matsui is one and stars in a dorama which revolves around Nagoya trains, Nagoya Iki Saishuu Ressha, to this day.
- Same Surname Means Related: Averted with Jurina Matsui and Rena Matsui, nicknamed the "Double Matsui", who are not related.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: "Kataomoi Finally", with the members playing a Love Triangle in an all-girls school. It even features an implied sex scene.
- School Uniforms Are the New Black: As seen in several of the PVs such as "Tsuyoki mono yo".
- Spontaneous Choreography: The PV for "Banzai Venus".
- Surreal Music Video: The video for "TWO ROSES" is quite... artistic.
- Variety Show: "SKE48 no Magical Radio" is the most notable.
- The "Ebi" series (Ebi Friday Night, Ebisho, and Ebi Calcio), hosted by comedian Kayako Okubo.
- SKEBINGO, a spinoff of AKBingo!, was recently announced to premiere in January 2019. The show will focus on acting.
- Young and in Charge: Jurina has been a leading member of the group ever since she debuted at eleven years old. A few months after her debut, she also became the center of AKB48's single "Oogoe Diamond", which was also the first time a sister group member centered an AKB single.