Joel "Roomie" Berghult is a Swedish singer-songwriter and YouTuber. He originally worked on singing music covers and writing original songs, and first gained mainstream attention after posting a cover of the The Gregory Brothers' "Bed Intruder Song!!!", who promoted the cover on their channel. He has since branched out to provide commentary on other musicians and producing comedic videos.
Tropes applying to Roomie:
- Anthropomorphic Food: Roomie sees a woman as a slice of pizza in "Pizza Love", and she later sees him as a taco.
- Auto-Tune: He occasionally uses auto-tune in his music, especially when he tries to remake a song, and discusses other singers' use of it.
- Helium Speech: "SINGING WITH HELIUM", which is Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- I Banged Your Mom: Roomie makes a cheap pop song in "How To Make a #1 Song - WITHOUT TALENT" where he says he did your grandmother in an elevator, which was "wrong on so many levels."
- Long-Distance Relationship: The subject of his song "Long Distance Love".
- Rhyming with Itself: In the video arguing why public bathrooms are better than normal bathrooms, Roomie has a poem "Give up that toilet roll for / a Playstation 4". TheOdd1sOut lampshades that he just rhymed "for" with "four".
- Shoddy Knockoff Product: In "Pizza Love", Roomie gets "Paper Towélss®", which are "not paper towels and function with 85% less absorption." Roomie and the pizza woman take to the streets to raise awareness against these knock-offs.
- Sticky Fingers: Roomie's verse in "The Real Me" is about how he supposedly likes to steal pretty much everything.
- Stupid Statement Dance Mix: "It's Muffin Time!" takes samples from ASDF Movie8.
- Taking the Bullet: In "Pizza Love", Roomie jumps in front of somebody who spills a beer to save his Love at First Sight.
- That Syncing Feeling: Discussed in "Biggest Lip Sync FAILS!" and "THESE YOUTUBERS SINGERS LIP-SYNC!" (a video which was removed because of a copyright strike).