Rogue Traders are an Australian electronic pop rock band fronted by Melinda "Mindi" Jackson with James Ash on keyboards, Tim Henwood on guitars and Peter Marin on drums. The group's original members (James Ash and Steve Davis) met in London in 1989. Before forming Rogue Traders, Ash and Davis worked together on many projects, most notably as dance act Union State. Davis still contributes to the band and is still an active part of the songwriting process. The band's name comes from the film Rogue Trader.
The Rogue Traders have enjoyed major success, with over a dozen internationally recognized hit singles, including "Voodoo Child", "In Love Again" and "Watching You". The group's third studio album Better in the Dark was released in Australia on 13 October 2007.
To date, Rogue Traders have been nominated for 10 ARIA Awards, three MTV AVMA Award, one The Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards, one Inside Film Award and five APRA Awards
On 25 June 2008, it was announced that lead singer Natalie Bassingthwaighte had quit the band to focus on acting and a solo career. In July 2008 it was reported that Bassingthwaighte's bandmate and boyfriend Cameron Mcglinchey had also left the band.
On 13 August 2009, Ash revealed that Tim Henwood had returned to the band and Danny Spencer had left the band.
On 14 November 2009, Mindi Jackson was revealed as the new lead singer to replace Natalie Bassingthwaighte.
Not to be confused with the tabletop game Rogue Trader.
- We Know What You're Up To (2003)
- Here Come the Drums (2005)
- Better in the Dark (2007)
- Night of the Living Drums (2011)
- Sound Of Drums (2011)
- Album Title Drop: So here it comes, the sound of drums in Voodoo Child.
- Anti-Love Song: Better In The Dark,
- Break Up Song: I Never Liked You, We're Coming Home
- Darker and Edgier: Better In The Dark was more rock guitars, more darker riffs, darker subjects (A Protest Song and Anti-Love Song present)
- Drugs Are Bad: "What You're On"
- Greatest Hits: The Sound Of Drums is the collection of these.
- Green-Eyed Monster: "On Your Way To The Disco"
- Inter Course With You: Most of their songs.
- In Da Club: "Candy Coloured Lights" and On Your Way To The Disco
- Love Will Lead You Back: "rescue me", "In love again",
- Love Nostalgia Song: "Rescue Me"
- Obsession Song: "World Go Round", Believer,
- New Sound Album: Here Comes the Drums, with the Nat Bass female vocalist element and the rock element. Voodoo Doll marked the move away for Rogue Traders from standard dance music to a more electro-punk sound. According to band member James Ash.
- Protest Song: "Speak and Destroy" and "Calling All Lovers".
- Piss Take Rap: "Way To Go!"
- Rock Star Song: "Way To Go!", "Speak and Destroy", "Fashion."
- "Reason You Suck" Speech: "I Never Liked You", "We're Coming Home".
- Silly Love Songs: "Childlike"
- Spoken Word in Music: "White Lightning"
- Yandere: "Voodoo Doll", "Believer", "White Lightning"