- Maybe rock n roll is here to stay
Reece Mastin (born 24 November 1994) Winner for 2011's Australian X Factor, Guy Sebastian was his mentor, is a British-Australian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer notable for being the winner of the third season of The X Factor (Australia) in 2011. He then signed with Sony Music Australia and released his debut single "Good Night", which reached number one in Australia and New Zealand, and received platinum certifications in both countries. It became the fastest selling digital single by an artist signed to Sony Music Australia.(2011-Present)
Mastin's self-titled debut album was released in December 2011 and debuted at number two on the ARIA Albums Chart and was certified double platinum. Mastin's second studio album, Beautiful Nightmare, was released in October 2012, which includes the singles "Shut Up & Kiss Me" and "Shout It Out". The latter became Mastin's second number-one single on the ARIA Singles Chart. "Good Night" and "Shout It Out" earned Mastin two ARIA No. 1 Chart Awards.
Not alot is known about his childhood except he was born on 24 November 1994 in Scunthorpe, England to parents Debbie and Darren Mastin. Mastin has three sisters. At the age of 11, Mastin and his family moved to Greenwith, South Australia, citing the weather and to seek better opportunities as reasons for the move. Mastin taught himself how to sing at a young age, by singing along to his favourite songs on the radio. He began writing songs at the age of 12. Mastin attended Golden Grove High School. He was inspired by his music teacher to pursue his musical interests, which included playing in several bands with friends and performing solo acoustic gigs.
- Reece Mastin (2011)
- Beautiful Nightmare (2012)
- Australian and New Zealand Tour (2011-2012)
- Summer Nights Tour (2012-2013)
- Restless Tour (2013)
- Anti-Love Song: Dirty Paradise, Addictive, Beautiful Nightmare, She Calls This Love, Ex-Girlfriend.
- Arc Words: "Nightmare" is often stated in "Beautiful Nightmare"
- Award-Bait Song: "Alive".
- Break Up Song: She Calls This Love, Outta My Face, Dirty Paradise, Give Up The Girl,
- Badass Boast: "Rock Star" (I wrote a catchy song, which went to number one, about a girl who left me for the money)
- Careful with That Axe: "Beautiful Nightmare", "Freakshow" and other moments in that album.
- Cover Version: His first album is basically covers plus his "Winners Single".
- Dedication: In the linear notes of his first album he indicates "Stars" is about his girl friend
- Early Installment Weirdness: "Good Night" is extremely gimmicky and poppy, musically and vocally, compared to almost every single song to come out afterwards, which are more rocky and aggressive.
- Echoing Acoustics: Alive and Stars.
- Femme Fatale: Discussed in "She's A Killer".
- Genre Roulette: His Beautiful Nightmare album is very interesting with the genre's he plays with.
- Genre Shift: His first album is very poppy, his second album is extremely hard, tough and rock.
- Graduation for Everyone: Dropped out of high school to follow his dream. Successfully.
- "I Want" Song: "Rock Star" (Wish I was rock star)
- Intercourse with You: "Dirty Paradise", "Beautiful Nightmare", "Shut Up and Kiss Me", "Addictive", "She's A Killer".
- Idol Singer: Definitely as a The X Factor winner.
- Love Is a Drug: "Dirty Paradise", "Beautiful Nightmare", "Addictive".
- Love at First Sight: "Addictive", "Shut Up and Kiss Me".
- Lyrical Dissonance: His cover of Stayin' Alive originally by the Bee Gee's, is almost danceable and is certainly epic. Most of his Cover Album is this.
- Masochism Tango: Beautiful Nightmare, Dirty Paradise, She Calls This Love, Shut Up And Kiss Me.
- Metal Scream: All over "Beautiful Nightmare".
- Moral Guardians: Managed to get SOME offside due to being caught smoking with his girlfriend over summer 2012/2013. It was quite controversial.
- Mr. Fanservice: takes off his shirt while performing. He was also sexy during his time on X factor. This was, bad cuz he was only 16/17 when he did the show.
- Motor Mouth: Dirty Paradise, and Beautiful Nightmare.
- Obsession Song: "Ex Girlfriend".
- The Oner:"Rock Star"
- Obligatory Bondage Song: "Beautiful Nightmare" mentions some rather interesting things.
- Rock Star Song: "Rock Star", "Freakshow" and "Shout It Out".
- Reality Show / Talent Show: Former Australian X Factor winner.
- Rhyming with Itself: Much of Addictive.
- The Rival: It's a strange thought him and Justin Bieber are the same age, for Australians.
- Scare Chord: Used is "Beautiful Nightmare", "Freakshow" and "Dirty Paradise".
- Shout-Out: Baby One More Time is mentioned in Dirty Paradise, in a pretty obvious way, and has a song called Freakshow which has a theme similar to Britney Spears similarly titled song.
- Subdued Section: She Calls This Love has a big breakdown in the third part, in all the ways.
- Stalker with a Crush: "Addictive", "Ex Girlfriend", "Shut Up And Kiss Me".
- Silly Love Songs: "Timeless" and "Stars".
- Self-Titled Album: "Debut".
- Subdued Section: in "Stars".
- Title Track: Beautiful Nightmare
- This Is a Song: "Writing This song for her" in She Calls This Love.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Often while performing.
- Shout it out, shout it out, shout it out