I will keep you safe and warm
Don't you fear the winter,
Nothing's gonna do you harm
Rage is a Heavy/Speed/Power Metal band from Germany. Initially started out as Avenger in 1983, they released an album and EP under that name before changing it to Rage due to a British band Avenger. They have steadily released studio material and toured and they are very popular in Europe and Japan.
- Peter "Peavy" Wagner - Vocals, Bass
- Marcos Rodriguez - Guitars
- Vassilios Maniatopoulos - Drums
- Prayers of Steel (1984, as Avenger)
- Reign of Fear (1986)
- Execution Guaranteed (1987)
- Perfect Man (1988)
- Secrets in a Weird World (1989)
- Reflections of a Shadow (1990)
- Trapped! (1992)
- The Missing Link (1993)
- 10 Years in Rage (1994)
- Black in Mind (1995)
- Lingua Mortis (1996)
- End of All Days (1996)
- XIII (1998)
- Ghosts (1999)
- Welcome to Other Side (2001)
- Unity (2002)
- Soundchaser (2003)
- Speak of the Dead (2006)
- Carved in Stone (2008)
- Strings to a Web (2010)
- 21 (2012)
- The Devil Strikes Again (2016)
- Seasons of the Black (2017)
- Depraved to Black (1985, as Avenger)
- Extended Power (1991)
- Beyond the Wall (1992)
- Refuge (1993)
- The Missing Link (1993)
- Higher Than the Sky (1997)
- In Vain (1998)
- Full Moon (2006)
- Gib Dich Nie Auf (2009)
- My Way (2016)
- And I Must Scream: "Frozen Fire" from End of All Days is a song from point of view of cryogenically frozen man who is still conscious.
- Atomic Hate: "Symbols of Our Fear" from Perfect Man.
- Callback: "Overture" on XIII uses same theme ("Opus 32 Nr. 3" by Sergej Prokofiew) as the intro of Secrets in a Weird World.
- Chained by Fashion: Band's old logo.◊
- Concept Album: Ghosts, based on death the afterlife, and Soundchaser, based on their mascot.
- Corrupt Church: "Echoes of Evil" from Reign of Fear and "Sinister Thinking" from Perfect Man.
- Cover Version: They have covered "Fast as a Shark", "The Trooper", "Jawbreaker", "Paranoid", "Paint it Black", "Tom Sawyer", "Yesterday", "Truth Hits Everybody" by The Police, "I Can't Control Myself" by The Troggs and "Beyond the Pale" by The Mission.
- Dead Person Conversation: "Talk to Grandpa" from Secrets in a Weird World" and "Talking to the Dead" from End of All Days''.
- Department of Redundancy Department: When they changed their name from Avenger, their first choice for a new name was Furious Rage.
- Drinking Contest: "Bottlefield" from Extended Power, a remake of "Battlefield" from the first Avenger release.
- Driven to Suicide: "Suicide" from Reign of Fear.
- Epic Rocking: "Scaffold", "Execution Guaranteed", "Without a Trace", "Flowers That Fade in My Hand", "Enough is Enough", "Lost in the Ice", "No Sign of Life", "Blow in a Row", "In a Nameless Time", "Tomorrow's Yesterday", "Unity" and "Death is on It's Way (Falling from Grace Pt. 2)".
- Evil Hand: "Hand of Glory" from Reign of Fear.
- Filk Song:
- "She" from Secrets in a Weird World is based on Stephen King's Christine.
- "The Pit and the Pendulum" from The Missing Link is based on "The Pit and the Pendulum" by Edgar Allan Poe.
- "Shadow Out of Time" and "In a Nameless Time" from Black in Mind are based on short story by H. P. Lovecraft.
- "Talking to the Dead" from ''End of All Days" is based on Brian Lumley's Necroscope series.
- Flying Saucer: Handled in "Without a Trace" , along with Atlantis and The Bermuda Triangle.
- Greatest Hits Album: They have two: The Best of the Noise Years (only released in Japan) and Best of Rage: All G.U.N. Years.
- In the Style of...: Lingua Mortis features symphonic compositions from Black in Mind.
- Infomercial: "Supersonic Hydromatic" is a critique of these and consumerism.
- Instrumentals: "Grapes of Wrath", "What's Up?", "Unity"
- Jerkass: Mike Terrana. It's what got him thrown out.
- Intercourse with You: "Chaste Flesh" from Reign of Fear.
- Made of Explodium: "Ashes" from Extended Power, which is about spontaneous combustion.
- Mascot: Soundchaser, a robotic creature.
- Meaningful Name: 21 is their 21st full-length album, if you include their first album as Avenger.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Tends to fluctuate between 7 and 8.
- Nightmare Dreams: "Reign of Fear" from it's namesake album.
- Non-Appearing Title: Secrets in a Weird World. Some time later it appeared on Soundchaser.
- The Nothing After Death: "Just Alone" from XIII.
- Number of the Beast: Mentioned in "Beginning of the End", from Ghosts.
- Power Trio: Currently.
- Professional Killer: "Execution Guaranteed" from it's namesake album.
- Start My Own: Current guitarist Victor Smolski has released a couple of solo albums. So has their ex-drummer Mike Terrana.
- Stern Chase: Execution Guaranteed's opening number "Down by Law" is about a man running away from law.
- Take That!: "Make My Day" from Secrets In A Weird World is hinted at being this towards Jochen Schröder, Rudy Graf, and Jörg Michael, who all left the band following the release of Execution Guaranteed. Similarly, "No Lies" from Welcome To The Other Side is also hinted to be a Take That! towards Chris and Spiros Efthimiadis and Sven Fischer, who did the same thing just before the release of Ghosts
- Title of the Dead: Speak of the Dead.
- Title-Only Chorus: "Talk to Grandpa" from Secrets in Weird World.
- Turned Against Their Masters: "Perfect Man" from it's namesake album. A plot point in Soundchaser.
- Video Full of Film Clips: The video for "No Fear" uses clips from an underground movie Speak of the Dead.
- Walking the Earth: "A Pilgrim's Path" from Perfect Man.
- What You Are in the Dark: "Animal Instinct" from Perfect Man.
- The X of Y