Olivier Derivière (born December 26, 1978 in Nice) is a French composer.
He composes soundtracks for video games since the early 2000's. He works almost exclusively with the game developers from his own country, although he collaborated with the Boston Philarmony and Children's Choir during his work on Obscure games, and the Bulgarian National Choir when working on Alone In The Dark V.
His website is here.
Games on which this composer has worked on:
- ObsCure and ObsCure: The Aftermath
- Destination: Treasure Island
- Alone in the Dark (2008)
- Tangled: The Video Game
- Of Orcs and Men
- Remember Me
- Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry
- A Plague Tale: Innocence
- Streets of Rage 4 (with Yuzo Koshiro, Motohiro Kawashima and various one-track guest composers)
Tropes commonly used in his work:
- Ominous Latin Chanting: Used to great effect in soundtrack for both Obscure games. The chanting in question is performed by the Children's Choir.