O-Zone is a Europop band originating from Moldova which moved to Romania, active during 1999-2005. They're best known for the song "Dragostea Din Tei", especially when American internet personality Gary Brolsma made a viral video on Newgrounds in 2005 dancing along to the song.
The band broke up in 2006, and the band's lead member Dan Balan started his solo career.
O-Zone's songs and music videos provide examples of:
- Ascended Meme: Later versions of "Dragostea Din Tei" are just called "Numa Numa" by Dan Balan himself and even includes dance moves from Gary Brolsma's video.
- Chromatic Arrangement: On one of the album covers, the members are shown with blue, red, and yellow hair.
- Fanservice: The female dancers' outfits in "Numai Tu" show their bare stomachs.
- Gloomy Gray: The official English version of "Dragostea Din Tei" states that everytime the singer's love interest leaves, his colors fade to gray.
- Imagine Spot: "Dragostea Din Tei" occasionally switches from life-action footage to animated pictures of the members in situations that match what they're doing at the moment, just with more fantastic elements or clothes.
- Lyrical Dissonance: "Dragostea Din Tei" is quite upbeat, happy, and danceable. However, the lyrics to the famous chorus basically translate to "You want to leave but you don't want to take, don't want to take me, don't want to take, don't want to take me, don't want to take, don't want to take, don't want to take me." The song is really all about his ex-girlfriend who won't take him back. Its prequel, "Despre Tine", is of a similar vein, being happy and upbeat and yet complaining of how she won't answer his text messages.
- Outside Ride: The band dances on the wings of a plane in flight in "Dragostea Din Tei".
- Shout-Out: "Dragostea Din Tei" has an appearance by Freddy Krueger, as one of them does a pose of him. Another member pretends to be Batman.
- Wall Run: "Numai Tu" has two members running up a skyscraper.