NateWantsToBattle (Nathan Sharp) is a YouTube musician. He started off making Pokémon-themed Song Parodies, but went on to make a varied selection of more serious works including Cover Versions of various rock hits, anime songs and video game music, original songs based on video games and songs with original themes.
In 2017, Nathan Sharp and Shawn Christmas established the independent record label Give Hearts Records. Andrew Stein (aka MandoPony) joined the label in late 2017. His songs are sometimes featured on Nate's channel, which has been renamed to "Give Heart Records - Nathan Sharp".
- Mangled (various original, video game-themed songs) (2015)
- Instrumentals (contains instrumental versions of 16 previously released tracks) (2015)
- Genesis (an anime Cover Album) (2016)
- The Greatest Master (2016) (a serious Pokémon-themed album containing covers and original songs)
- Songs of Time (a Concept Album based on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time) (2016)
- Thnks fr th Cvrs (a rock Cover Album) (2016)
- Bad Time (his Undertale album) (2016)
- Sandcastle Kingdoms (his first original album) (2017)
- Paid in Exposure (his second original album) (2018)
- Five Nights at Freddy's (a compilation of his Five Nights at Freddy's songs) (2018)
The following tropes appear in his songs:
- A Cappella: His Cover Version of "Bonetrousle".
- Ascended Fanboy: After years of performing cover versions of anime songs, Funimation hired Nate to sing the official English version of "Limit Break x Survivor" for their dub of Dragon Ball Super.
- all lowercase letters: The title of Thnks Fr Th Cvrs is stylized as "thnks fr th cvrs" on the album cover.
- Concept Album: Songs of Time is based on the story of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- Cover Album:
- Cover Version: While Nate has done two full Cover Albums, he has also made several stand-alone covers:
- Continuity Nod:
- "The Evil King" is the last song on Songs of Time, and contains plenty of references to the rest of the songs on the album.
- "The Finale" contains references to his previous Five Nights at Freddy's songs.
- Department of Redundancy Department: On iTunes, the tracks on the album Instrumentals have titles like "Mangled (Instrumental) [Instrumental]" and "Misty (Acoustic Instrumental) [Acoustic Instrumental]".
- Jump Scare: The lyric video for "The Finale" features many instances of Five Nights at Freddy's characters suddenly jumping at the camera.
- Not So Different: In "Mangled", the animatronics argue that the security guard wearing a Freddy Fazbear head as a disguise makes them the same. He rejects this notion in "No More", where he says he'll never, ever be like them unless they find humanity.
- Shout-Out: Nate's artist name is a Pokémon reference.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: "The Evil King" ends this way.Link: You'll never be my king!
- Song Parody: Some of his early albums contain various hits with their lyrics changed to make them about Pokémon.
- Villain Song: "The Evil King" is told from Ganondorf's point of view.