Formed in 2001 and originally operating under the name X-Tazy until 2005, Myrath is a band hailing from Tunisia. Crafting what the band themselves call "blazing desert metal", their music is full of folklore influences from both their homeland and northern Africa in general.
While their first EP release - created, marketed and released purely by themselves - never made it out of Tunisia, it was an opportunity to open for Robert Plant and French prog-metal band Adagio for an audience of seven thousand which gained them an actual producer in the form of Adagio's keyboard player, Kevin Codfert.
- 2005: Double Face
- 2007: Hope
- 2010: Desert Call
- 2011: Tales Of The Sands
- 2016: Legacy
- 2019: Shehili
- Zaher Zorgati - lead vocals (2007-)
- Malek ben Arbia - guitar (2001-)
- Anis Jouini - bass guitar (2006-)
- Elyes Bouchoucha - keyboards, backing vocals (2003-)
- Morgan Berthet - drums (2012-)
- Tarek Idouani - lead vocals (2001-2003)
- Walid Issaoui - guitar (2001-2003)
- Zaher Hamoudia - bass guitar (2001-2004)
- Yassine Belgith - bass guitar (2004-2006)
- Fahmi Chakroun - drums (2001-2004)
- Saief Louhibi - drums (2004-2011)
- Piwee Desfray - drums (2011-2012)
Tropes Of The Sands... :
- Feather Boa Constrictor: Zaher sports quite an epic one of these near the end of the video for No Holding Back.
- Self-Titled Album: Legacy; the meaning of the Arabic word mīrāth.
- The Team: During the course of the story depicted by the videos from the Shehili album, the band forms one of these, each of them getting a codename fitting either their aesthetic or their power set: The Prince (Zaher), The Sailor (Morgan), the Master of Smoke (Malek), The Magician (Elyes) and The Warrior (Anis).