Molly My Marianne Sandén (born 3 July 1992) is a Swedish singer and voice actress.
In 2006, she represented Sweden at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. Since then, she participated in several other contests, including participating three times in Melodifestivalen, Sweden's national selection show for the Eurovision Song Contest, and released five studio albums. Furthermore, Sandén dubbed Rapunzel in the Swedish version of Tangled in both voice and song.
In 2020, she (credited as My Marianne) provided Rachel McAdams' singing voice for the film Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga. The song "Húsavík (My Hometown)", from its soundtrack, received a nomination for Best Original Song at the 2021 Academy Awards. She performed the song during the ceremony pre-show, singing on-site from Húsavík, Iceland.
She has two younger sisters, Frida and Mimmi, who are also singers.
- Alliterative Name: Molly My Marianne.
- His Own Worst Enemy: This is the central theme of "Freak":Would be easier to fight someone else
Than the war I fight within
It's impossible to hide from yourself
Where do I begin?
- Music Box Intervals: "Freak", especially the beginning, which reminds of Swan Lake. The music video also prominently features a ballerina music box.
- The Phoenix: "Phoenix", natch.Oh, I'm falling just to rise
Falling just to fly
Gotta die to stay alive
- Scenery Porn: Her performance of "Húsavík (My Hometown)" during the 2021 Oscars pre-show, broadcast from the Húsavík harbour at night accompanied by a choir of local schoolgirls. At the end, as Molly hits the high note, the camera pans out and the Northern Lights appear above the town!