Marmozets are an English rock band from Bingley. They've been gaining traction as an up-and-coming bands on scene after getting signed to Roadrunner Records in 2013, however they've been around since 2007 back when they were in school. Frontwoman Becca Macintyre is known for screaming her head off in some songs, while others are entirely clean.
They've done extensive touring of both Europe and North America, and have supported acts such as Kasabian and Muse. In 2014 they released their debut album The Weird and Wonderful Marmozets to mostly positive reviews.
- Marmozets (EP) (2013)
- The Weird and Wonderful Marmozets (2014)
- Knowing What You Know Now (2018)
- Becca Macintye — Lead vocals
- Sam Macintyre — Guitar
- Josh Macintyre — Drums
- Jack Bottomley — Guitar
- Will Bottomley — Bass
You may have noticed that they're a Band of Relatives, only in an interesting twist — they're two different sets of siblings.
Move, Shake, Tropes
- Band of Relatives: Two different sets of siblings make up this band. They themselves said they're like a family.
- Everyone Went to School Together: They've been around since they were in school.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Even their heaviest songs feature no swearing. Averted by Becca live.
- Harsh Vocals: Becca is perfectly capable of doing this, "Move, Shake, Hide" is probably the best example.
- Intercourse with You: "Love You Good" has little room for interpretation.
- Large Ham: Becca, especially in their live shows.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Some songs such as "Captivate You", "Cry", and "Weird and Wonderful" are around 3-4, while others such as "Move, Shake, Hide" are up to 6 verging on a 7. It really depends on the song in question, not the band as a whole. Though the heavier songs are more common.
- Myspeld Rökband: Their name is a misspelling of the pygmy marmosets.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: They're known for being very difficult to pin down, as they borrow from so many elements of rock and metal that it doesn't make a cohesive package. Alternative Rock, Progressive Rock, Mathcore, Post-Hardcore, all come together here.
- Mood Whiplash: Many songs, such as "Move, Shake, Hide" can switch between from clean vocals, to metal screams in a moments notice.
- Scary Musician, Harmless Music: Inverted. They look like normal people, but their music can get pretty heavy.
- Soprano and Gravel: Becca provides a one-woman variation. She can go from clean singing to Harsh Vocals to Metal Screams at any time.
- Spell My Name with a "The": Inverted. They're not called The Marmozets.
- Surprisingly Gentle Song: "Cry" is much lighter than anything else on their debut album.
- Title Track: "Weird and Wonderful" from The Weird and Wonderful Marmozets.
- True Companions: They've had the same lineup since 2007 and have described themselves as family.
- Word Salad Lyrics: More often than not, their songs fall under this.