- "Legalize It" (4:35)
- "Burial" (3:54)
- "What'cha Gonna Do?" (2:25)
- "No Sympathy" (4:35)
- "Why Must I Cry" (3:08)
- "Igziabeher (Let Jah Be Praised)" (4:37)
- "Ketchy Shuby" (4:53)
- "Till Your Well Runs Dry" (6:09)
- "Brand New Second Hand" (4:03)
- Artistic License Medicine: Tosh's claim that marijuana is "good for flu, asthma, tuberculosis and even umara composis" is an exaggeration.
- As the Good Book Says...: "Igziabeher (Let Jah Be Praised)" quotes lyrics from Psalm:16 : Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup. Coincidentally Bob Marley quoted from the same psalm in his song "Revolution" from Natty Dread (1974). Psalm 37: Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. is also quoted by Tosh in the same song.
- Break Up Song: "Why Must I Cry?", "Till Your Well Runs Dry".
- Cool People Rebel Against Authority: The audacity of campaigning for the legalization of marijuana in a country where Police Brutality is rampant and the herb illegal made Tosh an embodiment of this trope.
- Everybody Must Get Stoned: Haven't you heard what Peter sang in "Legalize It"? Even ants like it!
- Face on the Cover: Peter Tosh smoking a hash pipe in a field of cannabis plants.
- God-Is-Love Songs: "Igziabeher (Let Jah Be Praised)"
- List Song: "Legalize It" basically lists all the different names for marijuana, different kinds of people who use it, what kind of health benefits it may have and even which animals use it.
- Intercourse with You: "Ketchy Shuby".
- Manly Tears: "Why Must I Cry?"
- No Sympathy: "No Sympathy".
- Ode to Intoxication: The title track.
- Protest Song: "Legalize It" advocates the legalization of marijuana.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: "Brand New Second Hand".
- Smoking Is Cool: Tosh makes it appear that way.
- Special Guest: Rita Marley, wife of Bob Marley, Judy Mowatt, another member of the I-Threes and former Wailers member Bunny Wailer perform background vocals. Sly & Robbie perform drums and bass.
- Stock Sound Effects: In "Igziabeher (Let Jah Be Praised)" sound effects of an earthquake, flood and thunder are heard.
- Time Marches On: As of 2014 Tosh's wish has come true. Jamaica has legalized marijuana.
- Unusual Euphemism: We go 'Ketchy Shuby' tonight, all night long.