Namely, performing in lederhosen. And being weird.
The accompanying video for "Bomba" established their quirky style, their tongue-in-cheek humor and their genre-blending music into great success: gaining an Austrian music award, and a performance at the Przystanek Woodstock festival, and ended up being the most attended gig by an Austrian band to this point (according to That Other Wiki). They followed up on this in 2012 with Second Hand Wonderland, which had three singles. Their most recent release, Explositive, released in 2014.
- 2001 - Teamspirit
- 2003 - Make Me Blind
- 2005 - We!come Home (Welcome Home)
- 2009 - Czas na Tango (Two to Tango)
- 2012 - Second Hand Wonderland
- 2014 - Explositive
- Stefan Lichtenberger - Male/Harsh Vocals
- Agata Jarosz - Female/Harsh Vocals
- Robert Ehgartner - Guitar
- Gregor Kutschera - Bass, Backing Vocals
- Roman Gaisböck - Drums
- Manuel Haglmüller - Percussions
- Mike Wolff - Guitar
This band contains examples of the following tropes:
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: "Sock and Doll"'s music video is a bunch of sock puppets rocking out.
- Genre Mashup: Alt-Nu Metal-Folk Metal-Rock. And that's putting it mildly.
- Lyrical Dissonance: Some of their songs post-We!come Home are very bright and cheery, but often have quite desparing lyrics.
- Lyrics/Video Mismatch: All the damn time. Especially when they're playing in lederhosen. That tells you when things are gonna get silly.
- Performance Video: Played with. "Sock and Doll" has the entire band performing...just as sock puppets, with appropriate decorations for each member, and while it appears like in "Hey DJ!" and "Bomba" they're playing the song, they're "playing" it on acoustic instruments closest to what they actually play on-stage.
- Soprano and Gravel: Typically Stefan does harsher vocals while Agata does clean vocals, it flip flops frequently.
- Stealth Pun: Their first single for Explositive is "Just Propaganda".
- Three Chords and the Truth: Kontrust lampshades this trope in "Hey DJ!":Agata: Don't play me a pop song
Or cry all night long
Just want a machine song
Heavy riff with heavy bass and metal tongue