K.I.Z. is a German Berlin-based Hip Hop group formed in 2000. It consists of the three rappers Tarek "Skinhead-Black" Ebéné, Maxim Drüner and Nico Seyfrid and their DJ Sil-Yan "Craft" Bori.
Since the beginning their lyrics have always been full of Black Comedy and irony, but their earlier publishings lack the satire and social criticism of their later works. With Böhse Enkelz, they adress social issues for the first time ("Frei Sein"). The 2007 album "Hahnenkampf" marks the group's breakthrough.The spectrum of their lyrics spreads from songs about pooping ("Klopapier") and pogo dance ("Ellenbogengesellschaft") over basic gangsta rap ("Hahnenkampf" & "Ein Affe und ein Pferd") and songs about rape, murder and brutality ("Ariane", "Verrückt Nach Dir") to straight out political satire ("Rauher Wind" & "Selbstjustiz") - their social commentary tending to be about poverty, capitalism and the state as a whole as the band is ideologically pretty far left-wing.
The acronym "K.I.Z" doesn't have a specific meaning, the letters were chosen chosen simply because they sound so harsh and powerful together. However the band refers to themselves as "Kannibalen im Zivil", "Künstler in Zwangsjacken", "Kinder im Zoo", "Klosterschüler im Zölibat" or simply as "Kapitalismus ist zauberhaft".
- Das RapDeutschlandKettensägenMassaker (2005)
- Böhse Enkelz (2006)
- Hahnenkampf (2007)
- Sexismus gegen Rechts (2009)
- Urlaub fürs Gehirn (2011)
- Ganz Oben (2013)
- Hurrah, die Welt Geht Unter (2015)
Provides examples of:
- A God Am I/Blasphemous Boast: "Wir" is them flexing in the most epic way possible. Also doubles as a Religion Rant Song.
- After the End: "Hurrah, die Welt Geht Unter" describes a peaceful anarchy after the revolution and the fall of capitalism and the state.
- Audience Participation: "Das Kannibalenlied".
- "Wir":Ihr seid alles, wir sind nichtsNehmt uns auf das Raumschiff mit
- Boastful Rap: Despite everything, they don't miss out on this. "Jimi Blue" is a notable example.
- Break-Up Song: "Freier Fall"
- Crapsack World:
- "Käfigbett" describes the cold and cruel world and its heartless adults from a toddler's point of view."Siegmund Freud and Oedipus existed long before the song. My claim is that you don't need an explicitly bad relationship to your parents to understand these feelings. I believe that childhood is always somehow related to a lack of control, helplessness and being at the mercy of teachers, parents and educators." - Maxim about the song
- "Geld" and "Glücklich und Satt" are songs about poverty and crime.
- "Käfigbett" describes the cold and cruel world and its heartless adults from a toddler's point of view.
- Eat the Rich: "Ich esse Reiche"
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: "Ich Steh Auf Frauen (Ich Schwöre)" repeats the lines "Ich bin nicht schwul", "Ich steh auf Frauen" or "Ich bin hetero" countless times.Ich bin so hetero, manchmal wenn ich geil bin wie SauFick ich sogar meine eigene Frau
- I'm a Humanitarian: "Fleisch"
- "I Want" Song: "Wir werden jetzt Stars"
- The Not-Remix: "Das Kannibalenlied" is sort of the band's personal propaganda hymn - based on an actual German communist anthem from the 1930s, "Das Einheitsfrontlied".
- Protest Song: "Boom Boom Boom" was written concerning the current German and European refugee politics and the rise of racist and fascist hate crime and right-wing parties.Denkt ihr, die Flüchtlinge sind in Partyboote gestiegen?Mit dem großen Traum, im Park mit Drogen zu dealen?!
- Refuge in Audacity: They tend to cross the line twice... or thrice, or four times. Songs like "Ich bin Adolf Hitler" are famous for their controversy.
- Self-Made Orphan: The hook of "Käfigbett" hints at this.Ich hab zwei Kugeln in der KammerEine für Papa und eine für Mama