JORN is the solo band of one-time Yngwie Malmsteen and Masterplan vocalist Jorn Lande. His band has put out 12 studio albums, 2 of which are cover albums. His early albums were very close to Avant-Garde Metal, frequently changing in heaviness and increasingly experimental, while his later albums from 2004 on are what Jorn Lande calls "heavy rock", marrying Hard Rock, Traditional Heavy Metal and Blues Rock, with chugging, downtuned guitars, melodic, soaring vocals, and pounding drums. His backing band is frequently rotating and at one time included Jan Axel von Blomberg, aka Hellhammer on drums.
His current band includes:
- Jorn Lande- vocals
- Trond Holter- guitar, backing vocals
- Thomas Bekkevold- bass guitar
- Christian Svendsen- Drums
Bringing Heavy Tropes Back to The Land:
- Author Appeal: As stated below, German Expressionism, as well as B-horror films and World War II themes.
- Cover Version: Three albums worth, including an entire tribute to Ronnie James Dio.
- German Expressionism: Influences of this are heavy in his music videos.
- Grief Song: "Cancer Demon" mourning victims of cancer.
- Heavy Meta: "Bring Heavy Rock back To The Land"
- Intercourse with You: "Duke Of Love"
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: His earliest albums were very much this, with "Worldchanger" going from Arena Rock to Power Metal to almost Black Metal at breakneck speeds.
- New Sound Album: The Dukes dual guitar sound and bluesier, yet more melodic songwriting is the style the band has kept to present day.
- 2009's Spirit Black was slightly darker and groovier than previous efforts,
- Pep-Talk Song: "Starfire" and "Out to Every Nation"
- Religion Rant Song: "We Brought The Angels Down"
- Rock Opera: "Dracula: Swing of Death" is a retelling of Bram Stoker's Dracula with Jorn Lande playing the titular vampire.
- Video Fullof Film Clips: Jorn has quite a few of these over the years. "Man of The Dark" has clips from Film/Nosferatu for example.